Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover >

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-02-2012, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sometimes joke that some of my friends only know how to drive two ways....WFO and idle. Apparently that is literally the case with this guy
Old 09-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Just a sanity check here: y'all know that you don't pull the sticks all the way back when you air the props right?
Old 09-02-2012, 09:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

There is a guy on MWBP that says he watches boat vids on you tube all the time and thats how everyone throttles a boat in the rough! LMFAO!
Old 09-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flat rate
There is a guy on MWBP that says he watches boat vids on you tube all the time and thats how everyone throttles a boat in the rough! LMFAO!
Not sure who would get lessons on driving a boat from Youtube Maybe I should go learn how to drive a F1 car at 200+ on youtube as well
Old 09-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Registered

Wink

Originally Posted by TexasVines
props to the chick in the yellow for packing that body at 48 or 49 years old.....damn I figured there was no way she was over 30

and from what I can see the other falls into the MILF category as well....she has good genes to pass on that is for sure

next time they all might need to ride like this <<<
Noted.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

I think we all know extreme throttling is not the way to go, that being said, I would be interested to know how many peoples actions would iook if we all were on GoPro when we drive.

I would guess there is a number of "drive by feel" actions that would look totally out of wack on film.

I guess all I am trying to say: don't throw rocks in a glass house.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Daily Mail article

As many of you know my insurance agency specializes in HP Boat Insurance. We deal with boating losses from time to time, but when I looked at the Daily Mail article & watched the video it was shocking to see real-life what happens in these types of events, and how quickly a boater can get himself & passengers into harms way. I am glad this video/post is getting a lot of views as it's a candid reminder for all us boaters to be extra safe!

Here is the Daily Mail article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

I apologize if this sounds to much like a safety commercial, but for the sake of our sport, our industry, we NEED TO BE SAFE OUT THERE!

I'm at Lake Havasu boating this weekend with family. I hope all you have a fun & safe rest of your boating season.

Devin Wozencraft
www.wozencraftinsurance.com
Old 09-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Registered

Hey guys, I was a passenger in this boat during the accident. Yes, there are many cardinal rules broken. The most important one I feel is no life jackets worn. As crazy as it seems, we had jackets for each person but as the poker run began we realized no one else was wearing them..... How foolish we were. I have read so many nasty comments on YouTube and other sites I am in shock. My wife suffered 4 broken ribs, punctured lung and a broken foot. She has not left the house since getting home. She is in severe pain. The driver crushed his eye orbital and broke hus back at T8 ( he is a former F-2 racer with APBA). Another passenger who raced professionally for many years broke his pelvis in several places and is in a wheelchair. One of the other girls crushed her eye orbital also. The guy from lake tv fractured his hip and broke his wrist. My injuries were minor compared, busted my head open and damaged a rib or two. Everyone is black and blue. This was a very upsetting event for everyone involved. I have been around powerboats for many years and it only takes on unguarded minute to loose a life or permanently hurt people you love. I am very thankful this did not end up worse. I hope everyone learns from this. I know I will boat differently. All of the guys in the boat are members of OSO. I think it is necessary to break down the accident and discuss this, just remember these are real people who like you who love power boating and do it every weekend.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Registered

We are all very thankful. Please keep all involved in your prayers. Thanks

Last edited by DrReedJ; 09-02-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Thanks for the update. The original item indicated that there were no serious injuries ("mild to moderate") and I think that is why there was some joking around. Sorry to hear that the injuries were more than "moderate".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.