Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I would decorate my living room with this thing it's so beautiful. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28465-i-would-decorate-my-living-room-thing-its-so-beautiful.html)

NASTY HABIT 07-13-2002 04:04 PM

Nice Vid Phantom....ooops what was there a little crosswind that day ? at least he was in the proper attire

my ***** would smile as she blazed by ya ...or give ya an international peace sign depending on the day of the month:D

she busted 150 on her first test ride of the turbo bike ,, She's not easily impressed ...

BigMike 07-13-2002 09:47 PM

As a long time owner and rider of japanese sport bikes I too had an attitude that ALL Harleys are junk and I would never ride one. However, that all changed when I got a wild hair up my ass one day and bought a brand new fuel injected Road King. I gotta tell ya, this is a nice piece of equipment. Yes, it did cost a few grand more than the JAP competitors but Harleys have far and away the best resale value of any mass produced bike out there. Just check the BikeTrader. Jap cruisers usually sell for 50% of what they cost originally after a few years. Harleys usually sell for about 90% or more than what they cost new after a few years. Much better investment than an offshore boat!!! Typically, the cheapest way to buy a Harley is to buy a new one. Bourgets are AWESOME!!! West Coast Choppers are overpriced ($75,000!!!). Jesse James wants $29.00 for a $10.00 hat and $35.00 for a $8.00 t-shirt. The Discovery channel has made Jesse alot of money. All nothing more than my opinion.

Mike

BigMike 07-13-2002 09:52 PM

Oh yeah, the V-Rod is a great looking bike. I think it has 115 HP. Dealers still have high premiums on them in my area and none are available to be had for months. FeverMike was on every waiting list in the freakin' state for a V-Rod and finally go tired of waiting and bought a sweet Ducati 998 as a companion for his lonely Road King. All nice bikes. Anniversary editions are coming out in a few weeks and are expected to fetch big premiums. Guess I'll wait until 2004 to get a new Heritage Springer to match the King.

Mike

Maximus 07-14-2002 09:25 AM

How Ironic!

I started reading this thread last week and it reminded me that I put an order in for a V- rod many months ago. Anyways, I smiled to myself and didn't think any more about it. Figured the dealers had as many people as they could handle. Well........ guess who got a call from the dealer yesterday saying my V- rod had just arrived.

GULP!. I think I changed my mind to a Road King and i'm not sure I want it.

What do you think.

Maximus

Steve 1 07-14-2002 09:43 AM

Heard it was none other than Porsche who worked with Harley on some of the newer equipment !

Best Regards:)