Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fabio Buzzi attempting Bermuda Challenge now! >

Fabio Buzzi attempting Bermuda Challenge now!

Notices

Fabio Buzzi attempting Bermuda Challenge now!

Old 09-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 7075T6
He has the 9 liter , 650 hp FPT-engines in that boat. Heard they can be tuned to 750..
I was also told earlier that Cummins buy their blocks from FPT but thats wrong.
Cummins make their own blocks but get the topends from FPT. Cylinderhead and all the hardware for the commonrail-injection.
nice , I new something along those line's im glad you cleared it up.
thank's
mike

by the way those FPT motor's are supposed to be bad a$$ motor's
Old 09-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Records are there to break, why the hate ?
He is saying italian technology is superior to american technolgy, good for him for breaking the record but he doesn't have to take jabs at Statement and Cummins, that's why he is an ahole.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by zemaestro
The ole' boy must have forgotten that his powerplants are based on american technology with german roots....
Think he meant the common rail system that was invented by Alfa Romeo(and sold to Bosch) ,not sure what sort engines he uses ,but FPT has a joint venture with Cummins so he better should have called it a partially italian technology
Old 09-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,234 Posts

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
Did I hear right that he credited the event to Powerboat Magazine ? Oops !!! Someone should inform him it was BOATING MAGAZINE and that Powerboat Mag no longer exists.

They may have beaten the time for the new record, but I found it to be more impressive to see Chris & Tyson complete the run with only 2 people onboard of a Statement Center Console.

It seems he brought a battleship to get the job done ! 9 Tons ???

Congrats to Fabio !
With all due respect to Chris and Tyson (brass cajones on those guys, for sure), you can't take anything away from Mr. Buzzi because he brought what is essentially a bigger gun to a gunfight that has no limits. Otherwise, you'd also have to look down your nose at the Long Island record set by Stuart Hayim and John Tomlinson, and those guys smoked it. In the context of catamaran/V-bottom, Joe Cibellis and Joe Sgro smoked it the year before.

I wish that speedonthewater.com could have provided at least some coverage of this, but (alas, poor me) I was traveling for the Cigaretette Rendezvous in Destin and Jason Johnson was on assignment as well. Plus, at least as far as advance work went, Mr. Buzzi's run was not well-publicized in advance.

But the news was reported, and that's what matters.

As a journalist, I love these stories because they're meaningful. As someone who wants to see this industry rebound and thrive, I love them even more because they demonstrate the kind of passion and spirit that it will take to make that happen.

Bravo, Mr. Buzzi. Well done.

As for the Powerboat, reference, heck, we all get a little confused sometimes.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

"" As for the Powerboat, reference, heck, we all get a little confused sometimes. """

he is kinda on the older side and still running these speed boat's so he doe's deserve some credit
Old 09-29-2012, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Mr. Buzzi choose to use something designed as a government tool, in contrast to a common citizen tool, something readily available and cost effective for the average citizen. That vessel was probably paid for by the Italian government, or will be soon, doubt the majority was out of Mr. Buzzi's pocket. Anyone record can be beat with money and desire, but what can be done with the everyday persons tools, is what counts to the majority.

As for American technology. If the American Government were to provide a vessel. I am confident that not only would the record be trounced, but Mr. Buzzi's vessel would be annihilated before it was even aware it was being watched. But then I guess some governments have to go for what they can win, doubt the NY to Bimini record is high on the American Governments list.

I shall say no more, as I do not wish to offend the fragile ego of those that originate from within the lands of the romantic languages.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what drives are on this boat?
Old 09-29-2012, 11:09 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cocky and arrogant, I like that, but that is one ugly looking freekin boat in my opinion. Congrats
Old 09-30-2012, 06:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe enter this in the Bermuda Challenge, why screw around.

The timing of the trip is not that important

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGykz...020493E96DF06A
Old 09-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by professor_speed
what drives are on this boat?
Buzzis own design - TRIMAX.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.