Old 02-16-2013, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Ya and even if it did have 1650s it sill wouldn't run even 200
Old 02-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by iamjoe
not for nothin but I'd have to see proof of that. If its true, then running anything but a plane at that speed isn't safe and offering that for sale to the general public is nuts. How many people have we all met who have much more money than brains? If any one of these knuckleheads get their hands on that thing people are gonna die
You can go down to your local Honda/Kawi/SuzukiYamaha dealer and buy an equally lethal motorcycle with no qualifications required other than a fist full of dollars. And lots of guys die riding them (well crashing them, not riding them).

Same thing with Ferrari's, Lambo's, Bugatti's, etc. Heck even a bone stuck Honda Accord can go fast enough to kill ya if you can't drive.

And as far as fast boats go, you can easily die in a 100 MPH boat too. At what speed do we say a boat is "too fast" and shouldn't be built or sold?
Old 02-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
You can go down to your local Honda/Kawi/SuzukiYamaha dealer and buy an equally lethal motorcycle with no qualifications required other than a fist full of dollars. And lots of guys die riding them (well crashing them, not riding them).

Same thing with Ferrari's, Lambo's, Bugatti's, etc. Heck even a bone stuck Honda Accord can go fast enough to kill ya if you can't drive.

And as far as fast boats go, you can easily die in a 100 MPH boat too. At what speed do we say a boat is "too fast" and shouldn't be built or sold?
+ 1

I would like to think I can be the one to dicatate how fast i can go and not someone who "thinks" im too fast or what not.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FIRST OFF ------

don't you think statement would be promoting this if it were true.

aaahhhhh, whats that commercial.................where the girl says it must be true.........

ITS ON THE INTERNET
Old 02-16-2013, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by iamjoe
not for nothin but I'd have to see proof of that. If its true, then running anything but a plane at that speed isn't safe and offering that for sale to the general public is nuts. How many people have we all met who have much more money than brains? If any one of these knuckleheads get their hands on that thing people are gonna die
So your infavor of legislating Darwinism out of existance? It's like helmet laws. The government has no buisness telling anyone they have to wear one. But none the less if your foolish enough to go zipping around on your crotch rocket without one, maybe the deep end of the gene pool isn't for you....
Old 02-16-2013, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not just contact the Statement! guys and ask? I have found them to be SUPER nice guys and really approachable, could clear this up with one quick Email/phone call.I believe the first passion cat they had ran in excess of 180 with Turbines, not sure how much more efficient the new cat hull is?

Michael
Old 02-16-2013, 02:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=skaterdave;3868687]FIRST OFF ------

don't you think statement would be promoting this if it were true.

aaahhhhh, whats that commercial.................where the girl says it must be true.........

ITS ON THE INTE

207 was with turbine power statement said but had pic of blue boat.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 52 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm assuming this is the speed reached on GPS which would be a very nice number... I do remember Dave Scott when they were doing one of thier last runs at the shootout when he mentioned their GPS topped out at or near 220 but were only credited wih 208 when going through the traps... I don't doubt that any of these high hp boats could reach 200 with the right conditions. It's doing it in a mile with a rolling start thats most impressive... either way it's good marketing for them... congrats...
Old 02-16-2013, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
So your infavor of legislating Darwinism out of existance? It's like helmet laws. The government has no buisness telling anyone they have to wear one. But none the less if your foolish enough to go zipping around on your crotch rocket without one, maybe the deep end of the gene pool isn't for you....
Best Quote in a while is from the "dude" in the Donzi wave jump video The "The Ocean After all IS self regulating"
Old 02-16-2013, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Geez man, please, please, please send me some of what you're smokin. I have no f*cking idea where you got the whole dawinism line or any of the other BS you spouted, but if you read my post (and have the ability to comprehend it) all I offered was an opinion. I couldn't care less if the idiot is in a car, a boat, on a bike, whatever. If the wrong guy buys that boat, people will likely be killed, Thats it. Nobody trying to dictate speed limits, tell anyone they can or can't do something, nothing more than an opinion.

Oh yeah, I have to see it to believe it; thats fact

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.