Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chicago, When are we going to get some boats together? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/29443-chicago-when-we-going-get-some-boats-together.html)

joe900sc 07-24-2002 05:51 PM

I'll be comming down from Milwaukee August 11th and I'll be at the Chicago Air Show. E-mail me if anyone wants to hook-up. My brother will be in town from NY and I want to show him a good time.

candyman35 07-24-2002 10:17 PM

It sounds like Racine is the winner for running north. . Having somewhere to dock the boats is a must. The wall at St. Joe could work for a Michigan run. It would allow some of the Michigan guys to meet up with us.

Joe900sc,
Are you coming by water on the 11th?

Stevel,
Mr. Cig would have information on the Poker Run. Where did you hear about another run?

Intolerant1,
How is the river the second and third week of September? It would be something different.

H2owarrior,
When's the due date on your new baby? I can't wait to see it!

32fever,
Thanks for the info. Are any of you guys going to the GH offshore races?

RV,
I have no idea of a boat count yet. You can never have too many boats. The more we have the better. It will all depend on Mother Nature.

MR. CIG,
How could we forget about your Poker Run! It gave me my 3 seconds of fame on Wild Chicago. :D That Grand Haven race sounds like a good time also. Do you think the Hammond group would be interested in running with us?

Tonto,
You picked the wrong weekend to be up here. :p I seen that rig of yours. It should be easy to bring it back. BTW, Awesome boat!

26ZX Donzi,
I usually take the day off Friday to go to the practice also. It's the best day to go. Only problem with the Air Show is there is no way to raft up and meet everyone. We could definitely get a group area going. Wally tried to get one organized las6t year but Mother Nature had other plans.

Any preferences to dates? How about the 10th or 11th we make a run to Racine, Weather permitting. Their boat show is from the 15-18 so that won't be a problem. Then we could plan to go to St. Joe on the 25th. The Michigan City show is the 22nd-25th so that won't be an option.

Any other ideas? How do these dates sound? What weekend is the shootout at LOTO?

Hope we can get this together.
Dan

Payton 07-24-2002 11:02 PM

Candyman, that sounds like the start of a plan!!

32fever 07-24-2002 11:08 PM

Originally posted by candyman35
It sounds like Racine is the winner for running north. . Having somewhere to dock the boats is a must. The wall at St. Joe could work for a Michigan run. It would allow some of the Michigan guys to meet up with us.

32fever,
Thanks for the info. Are any of you guys going to the GH offshore races?

Dan

Dan,
As far as overnighting, Island Point Marina has lots of slips open. I'm sure they'd let boats stay there. If they're touchy, Kaama can work some magic and hook you up, right Mark? (The wall is usually best for just lunch stops, and the IP slips have been going fairly cheap)

I told wifey tonight we're going to the races in GH that weekend. Nothing else planned big that weekend and we're getting a small group to go to LOTO for a week of boat vacation after Labor Day, so we'll be staying around close to home saving our pennies for our big trip shortly after the Holiday:)

Ya know, if this stupid job didn't get in the way, we could go boating a lot more. LOL! :) Summer is going faster than a 16 year old after a 12 pack.

Mark

Intolerant1 07-24-2002 11:14 PM

I believe the weekend of the 11th is the air show so that would interfere. As far as the river, Im having a lumbar spine fusion sometime around the first of September. My summer is winding up fast. 3 months in a body brace after that. Im going to try and get down there asap. Ill let ya know and if some want to join then all the better. If the water isnt too nasty, Ill try and keep up with a run on the big lake to wherever. Ill also be hitting South Haven at least once more if anyone is interested. I would love to cross the lake but would need good water and another boat as mines a single. Staying tuned.....

candyman35 07-25-2002 01:18 AM

Payton,
I may take a run over to St. Joe on Saturday to take a look around. If you interested let me know.

32fever,
I was thinking just a day trip but open for suggestions. Just want to get some boats together running in a pack to a common destination. Just like a Poker Run only cheaper!
Are you guys going to be around this weekend?

Intolerant1,
The Air show is the 16, 17 and 18. Here is a link to the site.
http://www.ci.chi.il.us/SpecialEvent...randWater2002/

Dan

Payton 07-25-2002 07:49 AM

Dan, I wish I could. We are going to have about 50 kids and a bunch of thier parents at our house on Sat for a Sunday School picnic. We'll be out sunday afternoon though.

rv 07-25-2002 08:36 AM

Racine for 10th or 11th works for us. If everyone is flexable how about waiting until that week to finalize the 10th or 11th based on the weather/wind. It may make it more enjoyable for some if the wind isn't too bad.

Dan, can we plan on meeting at NorthPoint (Withrop Harbor) as you guys pass on your way to Racine? It sounds like there maybe a few that will be launching at NorthPoint.

Who is all in for the Racine trip on the 10th/11th?
Who is planning on launching at NorthPoint?

Rick

MrCIG 07-25-2002 08:37 AM

I'm Sure I can gather a few of the Hammond guys.
They are always looking for somewhere to go.

Mark

32fever 07-25-2002 10:53 AM

Originally posted by candyman35
Payton,
I may take a run over to St. Joe on Saturday to take a look around. If you interested let me know.

32fever,
I was thinking just a day trip but open for suggestions. Just want to get some boats together running in a pack to a common destination. Just like a Poker Run only cheaper!
Are you guys going to be around this weekend?

Dan

Dan,
Our boating group will not be out Sat. We have a wedding for one of our [boating] friends' daughter's wedding. WE'll be out Sunday, though weather permitting. So our whole OS boat clan will be at the wedding and recep.

Mark