Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
350hp-6.2/bravo and whipple, good combo? >

350hp-6.2/bravo and whipple, good combo?

Notices

350hp-6.2/bravo and whipple, good combo?

Old 05-19-2013, 03:15 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spectras only
what cat do you have C&M?
I don't have it anymore. It was a 28 eliminator Daytona LP

I have a malibu waksetter now LoL. It's not nearly as fast

Mike
Old 05-19-2013, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fastscarab22
I have a land &sea extion box i bought for my scarab , but i not sure if i going to use it , replaced all bearing bearing , ready to go $ 550.00 shipped all the parts are there , i have read were they work well in checkmate like 6 mph to 10 mph , look it up on the checkmate board and wont need a wipple.
Boat already has the whipple.
BTW
I spend allot of time on the Checkmate board, I only know of one guy who did that to an alpha drive and he never raved about how great it was.

please sell your stuff elsewhere.

Everyone else thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by altamate; 05-19-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:06 PM
Registered

Hey just trying to help , I have scarab 22 that does 83MPH gps with 600 hp . I am running out hull, and i was reading how this box helps checkmates a lot . dont be a DICK
Old 05-20-2013, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Why is it that so many people fight and call each other names, rather than saying "Sorry, I was just trying to help?"
Old 05-20-2013, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by fastscarab22
Hey just trying to help , I have scarab 22 that does 83MPH gps with 600 hp . I am running out hull, and i was reading how this box helps checkmates a lot . dont be a DICK
Then don't be an "asswipe" on someone elses thread!
Old 05-20-2013, 01:00 PM
Registered

I know a guy who has 19 ft checkmate with a land & sea box and he picked up 8 mph and it handles like it is on rails , that is all i was doing , it adds lenght to the boat and gives you better ride . AND I WAS JUST TRY TO GIVE SOME INFO AND MAYBE HELP SOMEBODY OUT. i MISS READ THAT HE HAS A WIPPLE ON IT . I LOVE THE FAST SMALL BOATS . when they did a test it was on checkmate hull and they got 8 mph. thats all
Old 05-20-2013, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
Didnt Uncle Toys have two of them in a 30 Eliminator cat and it didnt go so well...at all
That was literally 10 years ago and despite countless recommendations, the boat did not have oil coolers and had 0 (ZERO) water pressure when it hurt the engine. No oil cooler, 4 qt oil system with no water, boost is a bad combo.

The systems are very reliable, many customers with 500+ hours on them.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Dustin

Wasn't uncle toys the 26 that had the modified hull to do twins and it was a mess? Funny how people use that as a example.

Since someone brought that mess up I figured I would bring up my success story. We did everything we could to blow up those little 6.2's. LOL

MP
Old 05-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cat & Mice
Dustin

Wasn't uncle toys the 26 that had the modified hull to do twins and it was a mess? Funny how people use that as a example.

Since someone brought that mess up I figured I would bring up my success story. We did everything we could to blow up those little 6.2's. LOL

MP
Yup, that thing was a disaster. The open bow was far too heavy in the front, which lifted the back of the boat, drives were way too high, and hanging in the tunnel. Customer didn't want to spend the extra $ for oil coolers which we said he had to have. One of the only boats I ever saw ZERO water pressure which of course does not read on the gauge since its just steam going by the sensors. It actually got the rings in the front 2 cylinders on both motors in a matter of minutes since it was not designed to run as a air cooled motor.....

How somebody uses that as an "example" blows my mind!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
Yup, that thing was a disaster. The open bow was far too heavy in the front, which lifted the back of the boat, drives were way too high, and hanging in the tunnel. Customer didn't want to spend the extra $ for oil coolers which we said he had to have. One of the only boats I ever saw ZERO water pressure which of course does not read on the gauge since its just steam going by the sensors. It actually got the rings in the front 2 cylinders on both motors in a matter of minutes since it was not designed to run as a air cooled motor.....

How somebody uses that as an "example" blows my mind!
You gotta take the good and the bad on OSO. It is good that you are here to clear that up.