Notices

Can't stop porposing

Old 07-24-2013, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Smaller Velocity's didn't all come with tabs either and heard pretty much the same thing, "they don't need them". I know a local guy that runs his Velocity without tabs, and he says the same thing. However my Velocity is a completly different boat with tabs. They help out in faster planing time, allow to stay on plane at slower speeds (when necessary), allow to plan with less throttle, help greatly when in rough water, help the boat run level when in cross wind or when unbalanced load, and certainly help at full speed when the Velocity likes to dance as the pad gets up on top of the water. But I would agree with others that addressing your prop may be the first step. My Velocity porposes some when I run slow or flat water (it likes to be up on top of the water) with my Bravo 1 prop (designed for bow lift). I changed to a Hydromotiv Quad 4 (designed for stern lift) and it ran much flatter in similar conditions. I ended up back at the Bravo Prop as the minor porposing I have is better than the prop blow out I was experiencing with the Quad 4 prop. The Bravo is a better prop for our daily use... Good Luck and keep us up to date with the changes.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, the Challenger has about a 1" notch at the Transom. She rides on a pad approx. 8-9" wide on the aft hull. I'm happy with the rough water performance although this is my first go fast. Rides smoother than my 30' Rinker Cruiser and my last ride, a Regal 2850 .
Old 07-28-2013, 09:05 AM
Registered

Crawled under the hull a few days ago. No rocker or hook that I can tell. Hopefully I will be trying a 24P Bravo 4 blade this week which will help the RPM's. I also want to get her weighed because I'm not even sure if 70 mph is not so bad for a 31'10" single powered boat even if it's 550 HP. Once I know it's true weight I can have slip figures calculated.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:10 AM
Registered

How does a 5 blade 27P compare to a 26P 4 blade Bravo?? If the blade dia. was less than the Bravo it could possibly work.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

If your drives are spinning out ....Spin them in