Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where would you rather live (warm/cold temps) >

Where would you rather live (warm/cold temps)

Notices

Where would you rather live (warm/cold temps)

Old 09-20-2013, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 900 Likes on 489 Posts

http://www.coldwellbankerbahamas.com...listingID=3983
Cheap island getaway less than 50 miles off the coast of Florida

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...9-24116?row=12
Summer house with skiing/winter activities nearby!

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...99-63508?row=1
Full time pimpin' 44,000 sq ft on 105 acres!

Last edited by Jupiter Sunsation; 09-20-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:15 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 865 Likes on 318 Posts

I do like the seasons here in CT. Long Island Sound is some of the best boating in the country without question. However cold = expensive. We have no other option for heating other than oil. Being tethered to Big Oil for everything really makes you despise the oil markets.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 1,334 Likes on 744 Posts

Why do you heat with oil and not natural gas or electric?

Growing up in the Midwest we had a oil burner but went to gas in the early 70's.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I grew up in ny and moved to palm beach fl for 3 years. My wife and I found that although you are able to boat all year the atmosphere wasn't the same. When you can boat all year it's nothing to say "ah ill get out next weekend " but when your season is limited you seem to find a way to make sure your on the water every nice day possible and others do the same so seems when it's nice out in a climate with 4 seasons its easy to find a bunch of people ready to go all out and have a hell of a time. My wife and I moved back to ny and really enjoy ourselfs here. Also it's nice to jump of the back of the boat and not worry about being eaten by anything lol
Old 09-20-2013, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Why do you heat with oil and not natural gas or electric?

Growing up in the Midwest we had a oil burner but went to gas in the early 70's.
Electric heat is most likely the worst way $ wise to heat a house, and there are very few towns or neighborhoods around the Northeast with natural gas. I tried calling to see when my neighborhood was going to be getting gas and they said 8-10 years. But for the people that have it, it is by far the most efficient heat. Natural gas furnace with radiant heat is the most cost effective heat you can have............
Old 09-20-2013, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
I'm looking for opinions on if "all things were equal" where would you prefer to live, please lets don't bash, that's not what I'm looking for, I'm just curious what most people would say and where they would rather live.

I still LOVE my home state Missouri and of course LOTO, I was wondering if most people like the colder weather with winter or if you liked it warmer with no winter.

Hey Jim, try not to let all the haters bother you. How ya been, I for one am very happy for you living your dream!! Wish you guys the best in your condo search back up here.

I would rather live where it's warm all year(Florida). I hate cold weather anymore, the first snow is nice to look at but after that I'm done with winter. We do like the fall and spring seasons but I would give them up for year round warmth! The only thing I'm not sure about is that damn salt water all the time.

We will be down in KW with the whole crew again for the PR and races, come down and have some drinks for a few days!
Old 09-20-2013, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
I'm at LOTO 25-30 days a Summer.
I own a timeshare week at Vintage Landing/Four Seasons. It pretty much cost me nothing to buy it off ebay. Its OK, but if I had to buy in, it would not be worth it.
I have run the numbers and renting/timeshare maintenance probably cost me 30% annually of what it would cost to actually own a condo.
I would only buy for the convenience factor of having all my stuff there.
Owning and then renting out will not even cover half of your mortgage and dues.
Is there a lot of timeshare option up there?

I told her I would have high interest in something like that for sure. Spend like you 20-30 days there. Bring the boat up and enjoy. I like that idea a lot.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:41 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Donziben
Hey Jim, try not to let all the haters bother you. How ya been, I for one am very happy for you living your dream!! Wish you guys the best in your condo search back up here.

I would rather live where it's warm all year(Florida). I hate cold weather anymore, the first snow is nice to look at but after that I'm done with winter. We do like the fall and spring seasons but I would give them up for year round warmth! The only thing I'm not sure about is that damn salt water all the time.

We will be down in KW with the whole crew again for the PR and races, come down and have some drinks for a few days!
Thanks Ben, nice to hear from you, you know how it is, some folks want to bring people down and can't be happy for others, not me, I'm always hyped for others accomplishments, I'm sure you're enjoying your new Gun, it's a beauty.
We may make it down to KW, Terri is wanting a dog (puppy French Bulldog) and we may have to fly up to St. Louis and get it mid October and if we do it'll only 8 weeks old and she's not going to want to leave her here when she's only 12 weeks old, she's wanted this dog for ten years and we traveled so much we were never home so that we could have a dog, we're not traveling as much as we used to, so I told her she could have a dog..

Drinks next Summer at LOTO, next year at KW (dog will old enough for kennel) or if you're ever close to Fl Hwy 75 South and exit 143, the house is only 20 minutes down the road.
Take care and have fun and we'll see ya soon, thanks, Jim
Old 10-31-2013, 10:57 AM
Registered

Im bailing out of Fl as the I get older the summers are just too much with melting heat, it's like being in winter for 3-4 months stuck in the house..The state of Fl has become a Nazi state and they want everyone in their "system"... Im really considering the Mooresville NC / Lake Norman area as I cant afford 2 places as I got re-distributed 5 years ago so Im selling my business and houses and going to try out some places but cant find out much about the Lake Living in Mooresville.. Any input ?
Old 10-31-2013, 11:50 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by copiercat
Im bailing out of Fl as the I get older the summers are just too much with melting heat, it's like being in winter for 3-4 months stuck in the house..The state of Fl has become a Nazi state and they want everyone in their "system"... Im really considering the Mooresville NC / Lake Norman area as I cant afford 2 places as I got re-distributed 5 years ago so Im selling my business and houses and going to try out some places but cant find out much about the Lake Living in Mooresville.. Any input ?
I guess because were newbies to Florida (just 15 months) the Summer seemed not different then LOTO to us, anyway we've never been to Lake Norman, but from pics and stuff from another boating site it looks beautiful, if you try it out make sure you give us the 411 on it, we're looking to get a small condo back at LOTO just for the three Summer months, then head back down here for the duration, good luck, keep us informed.

It's hard to beat boating in the Winter. for anyone wanting to twist my words, this is JMO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.