Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where would you rather live (warm/cold temps) >

Where would you rather live (warm/cold temps)

Notices

Where would you rather live (warm/cold temps)

Old 09-19-2013, 08:40 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where would you rather live (warm/cold temps)

I'm looking for opinions on if "all things were equal" where would you prefer to live, please lets don't bash, that's not what I'm looking for, I'm just curious what most people would say and where they would rather live.

I still LOVE my home state Missouri and of course LOTO, I was wondering if most people like the colder weather with winter or if you liked it warmer with no winter.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:43 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Somewhere in the Caribbean. Even better, several places in the Caribbean
Old 09-19-2013, 08:47 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Wobble
Somewhere in the Caribbean. Even better, several places in the Caribbean
We all would,................................. I was more thinking inside the US, thanks.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Born in and lived my entire 49 years in the armpit of America which is the state if ILL. The only nice time of year here is now in the fall. I first went to LOTO in the summer of '77 and fell in love with it. Been going there regularly the last 15 years. Like it way better than IL. Still, not sure I would retire there even though I do like the change of season from summer to fall. First started going to Florida in the late 70's. PCB, Ft. Meyers, Sanibel, etc More recently made my way to the Tampa/St. Pete and Clearwater area. Have only been to South Beach and Daytona on the Atlantic side and to Key West once. I've got to say if I had a chance I would be living in the Cape Coral area right now. I've got to put in another 8 years at the sweatshop before I can make the move, though.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I like having 4 seasons. In the mid-atlantic you can boat 8 mos. (longer if you are REALLY want too) out of the year. Winter is not too bad and summer is not oppressively hot for months on end.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:17 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Love Chicago because of Lake Michigan and downtown.

I like going to the Ozarks, but I would get bored living there

I was just in Virginia Beach for work and really liked it there to,,,, would consider living out east
Old 09-19-2013, 09:24 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 314joey
We all would,................................. I was more thinking inside the US, thanks.
In that case I am fine with the Texas Gulf coast, Florida is OK to visit but it is full of Floridians
Old 09-19-2013, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

My pick is the Carolinas. I love the Charlotte NC area and Lake Norman. If I had the $$, I'd buy a home on Lake Norman or one of the big SC lakes. Not as hot as FL in the summer and not horribly cold in the winter. Can almost boat year round.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:34 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Born in and lived my entire 49 years in the armpit of America which is the state if ILL. The only nice time of year here is now in the fall. I first went to LOTO in the summer of '77 and fell in love with it. Been going there regularly the last 15 years. Like it way better than IL. Still, not sure I would retire there even though I do like the change of season from summer to fall. First started going to Florida in the late 70's. PCB, Ft. Meyers, Sanibel, etc More recently made my way to the Tampa/St. Pete and Clearwater area. Have only been to South Beach and Daytona on the Atlantic side and to Key West once. I've got to say if I had a chance I would be living in the Cape Coral area right now. I've got to put in another 8 years at the sweatshop before I can make the move, though.
Even though we still love and miss LOTO and the Midwest the fantastic weather down here helps me with it, we'll save a place down here for you, if you're ever down this way give a shout, I know a guy with a boat.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

I love it here in Clearwater where I have been most life.

My GF fell in love with LOTO and I do say I liked it there. All things equal though I love my white sand beaches here. I do wish though they would open more boat pull up friendly places here. There shockingly isn't much to pick from over here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.