Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where would you rather live (warm/cold temps) >

Where would you rather live (warm/cold temps)

Notices

Where would you rather live (warm/cold temps)

Old 10-31-2013, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 261 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
I guess because were newbies to Florida (just 15 months) the Summer seemed not different then LOTO to us, anyway we've never been to Lake Norman, but from pics and stuff from another boating site it looks beautiful, if you try it out make sure you give us the 411 on it, we're looking to get a small condo back at LOTO just for the three Summer months, then head back down here for the duration, good luck, keep us informed.

It's hard to beat boating in the Winter. for anyone wanting to twist my words, this is JMO
I love the FL summers. I have been here my whole life and the warm weather is nothing a cold beer can't fix.

Last edited by Nate5.0; 10-31-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 755 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
I guess because were newbies to Florida (just 15 months) the Summer seemed not different then LOTO to us, anyway we've never been to Lake Norman, but from pics and stuff from another boating site it looks beautiful, if you try it out make sure you give us the 411 on it, we're looking to get a small condo back at LOTO just for the three Summer months, then head back down here for the duration, good luck, keep us informed.

It's hard to beat boating in the Winter. for anyone wanting to twist my words, this is JMO
Summer of '11 and '12 in LOTO were brutal!
Old 10-31-2013, 02:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Summer of '11 and '12 in LOTO were brutal!
Yes, I know, we were still there, this past Summer was our first in Florida and like I said it was no different than LOTO, if anything it was cooler here than '11 and '12 at LOTO , I guess it's the ocean breeze.

And I agree about the beer thing too.

But I'm sure they'll be this one clown who always twist my words, geez, I dislike mean people.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 828 Likes on 380 Posts

I'm looking forward to HOPEFULLY getting some serious snow here SOON in Mi, I like winter even better than summer, I actually ride snowmobiles more than I get out boating these days, the 2 seasons are about the same length. I have lived in California, Virginia and Ill, this is my favorite of the four, to me Fla is a nice place to visit but too crowded and warm for me, Smitty

Last edited by articfriends; 11-01-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:45 PM
Registered

I'm a winter guy too. I will retire in the upper
Old 10-31-2013, 03:54 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 398 Likes on 161 Posts

When you get my age nothing feels better than WARM .
Old 11-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Beak botr
VIP Member

Originally Posted by the deep
Amen Brother,

nothing worse than to wake up in the morning with all your joints aching because it is cold. I used to go into the bathroom in the mornings up north, run the hot water over my hands until they stopped hurting during the winter months. It.is.hell.getting.old.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 12meter joe
Love the 4 seasons of Michigan! Love my snowmobiling, snowboarding, and of course boating! So many places to see on the water with the Great Lakes, Although I wouldn't mind if summer was a tad bit longer but it's all good.

Im with you but only in Mn. Now if the weather could just go from 80+ degree boating days, then the next day of 15 degrees and 4 feet of snow it would be perfect. Spring and fall just get in the way for power sports

Old 11-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by the deep

With you 100%........................but, I get where some guys love the snow, I like to play in it, so I would go vacation somewhere cold so we could snow ski, but the shoveling and driving in it is out for me, have fun in the snow, I appreciate where you're coming from.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:14 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

I was in Wyoming last week, and it was 22 Deg's the 1st morning, and I was so thankful for the heated seats in the Rental Car, BRRRRRRR!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.