Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
homeland security came out with a subpoena to search the 32 manta i just bought, wtf >

homeland security came out with a subpoena to search the 32 manta i just bought, wtf

Notices

homeland security came out with a subpoena to search the 32 manta i just bought, wtf

Old 10-03-2013, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

the boat has never left the marina where the seller keeps it, so customs has never seen the boat. im working on arranging the shipping right now. the owner emailed me the address of the marina after i paid him so i could work on the shipping. that is the only correspondence that had the marina address other than the ebay listing, but i emailed him when the listing ended and worked a deal outside of ebay due to the expired listing.... so the gov must have been watching his email acct...rm
Old 10-03-2013, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

as it turns out there, is a new law for homeland sec, they can search any boat being shipped overseas to see if its full of drug money... mine wasn't...
Old 10-04-2013, 06:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 596 Likes on 275 Posts

I don't think Homeland pays Any attention to laws. If it is for "National Security"--- the book goes Out the window
Old 10-04-2013, 07:00 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyain
big brother knows all....
America, Land of the Free. We've been asleep at the wheel people, the fanatics have taken over our government. I really don't think anybody really cares anymore though...
Old 10-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
America, Land of the Free. We've been asleep at the wheel people, the fanatics have taken over our government. I really don't think anybody really cares anymore though...
I have worked for the Feds for over 20 years. From what I have seen sadly your right.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 893 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
as it turns out there, is a new law for homeland sec, they can search any boat being shipped overseas to see if its full of drug money... mine wasn't...
at least they said it wasnt full of money. watch and see if the guys that inspected it suddenly buy new houses and cars.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
at least they said it wasnt full of money. watch and see if the guys that inspected it suddenly buy new houses and cars.
I think it just wasn't loaded for transport yet..... Or that rat bastard has someone on the inside and got tipped off beforehand.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:17 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

A few years back while causally talking to a foreign Customs/ Security manager at an international airport, the remark," Any citizen or foreign visitor definitely has the right to privacy - when our governemnt has no interest in them..." was made.

The comment still lingers as I walk through an airport and seen updated survalance equipment being installed
Old 10-05-2013, 04:22 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
You had not yet setup shipping. How would they know where it was going?
For all they should have known, you were keeping it here to visit.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Rat's from a high interest country, bo doubt as he has been shoping a lit of web traffic and emails have gone between there and the US. Im sure it tripped a few electronic surveillance bells and whistles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.