Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
LOL You know those days when things just won't go your way >

LOL You know those days when things just won't go your way

Notices

LOL You know those days when things just won't go your way

Old 11-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been in a single engine boat with wind coming from both directions....I know how much a handfull it can be. At around 1:11 he is acting like a deer in headlights....all he had to do at that time is reverse a tad with steering to starboard....bow will straighten up and then he can go forward.....now docking up with the current and wind that way, i could see a slight problem but not leaving the slip.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i agree he needs some practice but i have seen much worse and as already stated,he didn,t hit anything.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo rr
I have been in a single engine boat with wind coming from both directions....I know how much a handfull it can be. At around 1:11 he is acting like a deer in headlights....all he had to do at that time is reverse a tad with steering to starboard....bow will straighten up and then he can go forward.....now docking up with the current and wind that way, i could see a slight problem but not leaving the slip.
Watching the video a second time, I still will NOT reward that boater with the title of "World Champion of Boat Handling at idle" ; however, he bought an Activator, not sure if it a 27', 29', or 30' but regardless of length anyone who owns a Activator can't be all that bad. Activator's can definitely handle some sloppy water a WOT

This boater is not definitely not the docking genius, but hopefully he can keep it straight when running 85 mph + (that is an assumption it will run 85 mph +). He made a few errors when leaving the slip for sure. I give him a pass, no accident, no scratchs, maybe slight embarrassment, but f*ck what others think, he got it going straight in the end, and that is all that matters.

I wish I was out on the water boating on warm day.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one engine is a pain..... but i still think he's kinda like Ted in the movie.... a little *ucked up....
Old 11-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I felt his pain the first time I tried to dock my new boat. I about **** myself. I also had the pleasure of my 11 year old son getting frantic which helped my confidence level. It's a hundred times worse once you get flustered.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Handling a big single in the wind is a PITA...I should know. That said he could have done better. He had a couple opportunities to add a little throttle which would have probably straightened the boat out.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:14 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Well he didn't hit any of the other boats but heck the 2 hours it took him to get out of the docking area, little did we know he had to turn back around to come in to refuel again, no one got that on camera. Twice in one day and he never went over 7.5 mph on his GPS all day long.

It was the 29 Activator IMO. The 27 has no built in swim platform. I don't recall a 29 or 30 with twins anyways.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:42 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
Handling a big single in the wind is a PITA...I should know. That said he could have done better. He had a couple opportunities to add a little throttle which would have probably straightened the boat out.
Yup...power can be your friend, sometimes you just gotta goose it to make it behave.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 4,322 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Omg that dumb B*#ch just sitting there like a pile of rocks, she better give the best blowie ever cause otherwise she`s useless, well actually so is the dude so I guess they make a good pair.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been in that situation. Except mine are staggered engines and it seems like everytime I have one out of fuel it's the one with the power steering pump. A good crew member sure helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.