Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Wow, what's up with the cry baby attitudes? >

Wow, what's up with the cry baby attitudes?

Notices

Wow, what's up with the cry baby attitudes?

Old 11-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by catherine1
I have been boating literally my entire life, I've owned my own boat since I was19, and have had quite a few since that time, 2-Bajas,Fountain,wellcraft,glasport,canyon-Tunnel,Glastron,invader...I remember growing up on Lake Monroe in Indiana and it seemed like most everyone waved when they went by. smiles were abundant and everyone rspected each other at the ramp, hey we all have troubles from time to time. Lately as a current Fountain owner feel more hatred than with any other boat? I like them all!!I have probably had a boat like the one you're on making fun of the my boat. I can only assume that now the a-holes have made it to the water...bummer really hate to see that. I had some old parts I was trying to sell but everyone was a scammer or wanted me to deliver...really if you want them come get them you lazy azz!! I say lets start having some fun again, if you see a guy struggling at the ramp help, him and don't just record it with your phone making comments and posting it to you tube!! We have a winter break here in Indiana maybe the hot shots left some water in their blocks...I can only hope..sorry for the rant...i wonder if this rant qualifies as a cry baby attitude..hhmmm
Lets assume you are female based on your screen name. This could be an ad for e-harmony, (you have your own boat, you dont like putting up with any b. s.) Are you single? Please send a picture-of the boat.

This is where the fun starts.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll wave to ya!! I have noticed the same thing in my little corner of the world. Early in the day people ignore or snub me, later after they get drunk they wave or flip me off. So what! If someone needs help I will help them even if they acted like a jerk (Makes them look even worse when they find out I am a nice guy) If the girls on your boat are waving at me then maybe you shouldn't have bought a wake boat. Lol go to a poker run/ shootout some time guess what? Most of the people with those big badazz boats are NICE people out to have fun. Ok my rant is done & there is snow on the ground so back to work on my boat for next year. Randy
Old 11-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Registered

Yeah I guess that is a little extreme.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

It's just as easy to be nice as it is to be a jack-azz, so everyone have a great weekend, I know we are.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Katanna
Lets assume you are female based on your screen name. This could be an ad for e-harmony, (you have your own boat, you dont like putting up with any b. s.) Are you single? Please send a picture-of the boat.

This is where the fun starts.
Sorry but I'm not female...LOL long story about the username
Old 11-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Randy Nielsen
I'll wave to ya!! I have noticed the same thing in my little corner of the world. Early in the day people ignore or snub me, later after they get drunk they wave or flip me off. So what! If someone needs help I will help them even if they acted like a jerk (Makes them look even worse when they find out I am a nice guy) If the girls on your boat are waving at me then maybe you shouldn't have bought a wake boat. Lol go to a poker run/ shootout some time guess what? Most of the people with those big badazz boats are NICE people out to have fun. Ok my rant is done & there is snow on the ground so back to work on my boat for next year. Randy
That is an excellent attitude!! to have!!
Old 11-22-2013, 12:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Off topic but I see your from Columbus. Do you work at the big red C?
Yes
Old 11-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

F- them, dont let a couple of *******s ruin your day.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My trips to the ramp, mostly are for testing a finished project or troubleshooting. I try to stay clear of the ramp Friday- Sunday, just to avoid someone being stupid, non-courteous and slow as a turtle. Nothing like pulling up to launch, with someone trying to load a 15' boat half the car or truck is in the water, then they pull up 30' and start unloading the boat tying it down and you are sitting with 30 or more of boat and a long wheel base truck. SORRY do you want me to pull up or you have to ask them.
Better yet; pull up to the ramp and untie straps, load coolers, load everyone one board then back it in the water and the plug is out. Drag lower unit up the ramp, unload the boat on the ramp. Nothing beats; the person that has that alum or old beat up boat with shredded fiberglass hanging, off of it and they are ready to run their boat down the side of yours. If you didn't just dive from one side to the other preventing it from happening.
I will always help someone load or unload, unless they are just so stupid or they act like an ******* towards everyone around them. Sometimes; I get the impression, when you help some people they seem to think you are inpatient and just want them out of the way.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

You know Randy, as a fellow Muddy Mo boater, I notice folks aren't as friendly as when I grew up on the river. I even remember a time a few years ago with my old boat on an early spring day near the Blair Bridge when my drive broke. Had a 26' Crownline with hatch up, wind blowing me towards the rocks trying to paddle when a guy in a 28' Eliminator pulled up and asked if I was broke down, when I responded yes, he said my boat was too big to tow and took off!.. Luckily someone else came to my rescue and pulled me to Wilson's Island where my trailer was waiting thanks to a friend who towed it up from Dodge Park.

Is this just a general trend in today's society?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.