Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Qatar Mystic Sticking With Turbines In 2014 >

Qatar Mystic Sticking With Turbines In 2014

Notices

Qatar Mystic Sticking With Turbines In 2014

Old 11-27-2013, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you know what it feels like going to turn one at 160-170 miles an hour Two or three wide.
It's a whole lot different than going in at speeds you do, I assure you.
Look at Geico and Qatar in Clearwater. They're swapping paint and the turns.
Do you think it gets any more Competitive than that ?
Well it doesn't.

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
John,
Its not about passion its about the level of competition, little different going into turn #1 at 120mph side by side with 5-6 other boats.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:24 PM
Registered

How do you know what it feels like going to turn one at 160-170 miles an hour two or three wide ?
It's a whole lot different than going in at speeds that you do, I assure you.
Well it doesn't.

John,
Its not about passion its about the level of competition, little different going into turn #1 at 120mph side by side with 5-6 other boats.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you keep unlimited and combine it with turbine. should be a fun class to watch, Geico already proved that, they can lay the smack down on the turbine master. I would like to see, Geico, Mary Mac, Cms (maybe both boats), both qatar boats, Gasse (again maybe both boats), aqua mania, marine concepts, possibly the new DW 53' mixing it up. Hell throw the cat killer in too. The potential is there for sure.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:26 AM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by J Arruda
I personally think what you're saying is a joke.
It happens to be my profesion that's why I race.
People pay me to do so.

I can tell you the fans like the unlimited boats. The ones that I have talk to at least do.
So my suggestion to you is. Turn your computer off when we race, or just leave the venue if you don't like watching what we do.
Because unlimited boats are not going anywhere.
Lol- cause the funny thing is I did turn it off!! Again I'm not saying that what you do is a joke, I'm simply saying that you racing with two other boats that's the joke. Simple as that. Of course your boats are awesome, but I'm talking from a competition stand point!! And I am not bashing your proffession! I think even you would agree that more competition makes it better!!
Old 11-28-2013, 12:31 AM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by J Arruda
How do you know what it feels like going to turn one at 160-170 miles an hour Two or three wide.
It's a whole lot different than going in at speeds you do, I assure you.
Well it doesn't.
Why yes it certainly does sir. NASCAR isn't popular cause one race a year it has two cars on a damn track racing!! That's the other point none of these show up every race at the same time, some races 3 others 1!! I'm talking about the overal big picture of the sport!! I mean come on man, if I were you I'd be pissed that you lost a world title to a team that didnt completely one single lap!! Come on- I'm not saying you aren't a competitive person, not singling anyone out either. Just saying that SBI is what it is, and it's not good!!

Ps- I love the sport and want to see it grow, but I'm a realist and it's pathetic right now! Heck if you had to watch the telecast and listen to it and view it from one single camera... You would find it very hard to watch your self!!
Old 11-28-2013, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John,
You cant truly believe that 2 boats in a class is exciting. One breaks and you have 1 going around in circles not racing. Fans want competition they dont know or care if the the boat run 160 or 125 they just want side by side racing with multiple boats.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The org. Is working hard to eliminate class and have less classes with more boats in a class. The goal is to have bigger classes with better side by side racing. Hate to say it but the last race in KW was boring, and most of the fans Were leaving half way through the race as the boats were breaking down one at a time.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

FYI.... this is going into the turn at 160~170

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzzADgBhBAU

This is offshore racing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAeUqU5L6bo

I will admit the differences are subtle, but if you pay close attention, you should be able to figure it out.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Registered

The org. Is working hard to eliminate class and have less classes with more boats in a class. The goal is to have bigger classes with better side by side racing. Hate to say it but the last race in KW was boring, and most of the fans Were leaving half way through the race as the boats were breaking down one at a time.
this is absolutely correct. i don't think anyone is dissing the ul or turbine class, but rather we are far more interested in seeing 'racing' side by side, swapping paint, positions in corners, cutting across rooster tails for the inside lane etc, regardless of class. at a MINIMUM, with so few turbines, that class should be combined with the ul class in future races. the other classes can be reduced by a multiple of 1/2 as well. my friends who are new to the sport get completely confused with the array of classes. reduce it to 2 or three max, and lets see more fighters in the ring on each race.

watching race 1 when qatar 96 was pulling off all by itself was the most ridiculous 'race' i'd ever seen. with 5 or 6 other boats that are quite competitive with it, 20 seconds behind. silly silly silly.

Last edited by foxbat; 11-28-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:30 AM
Registered

I agree, and most of us agree as well. Unlimited is unlimited.

Originally Posted by professor_speed
I think you keep unlimited and combine it with turbine. should be a fun class to watch, Geico already proved that, they can lay the smack down on the turbine master. I would like to see, Geico, Mary Mac, Cms (maybe both boats), both qatar boats, Gasse (again maybe both boats), aqua mania, marine concepts, possibly the new DW 53' mixing it up. Hell throw the cat killer in too. The potential is there for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.