Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Qatar Mystic Sticking With Turbines In 2014 >

Qatar Mystic Sticking With Turbines In 2014

Notices

Qatar Mystic Sticking With Turbines In 2014

Old 11-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with what you are saying. Unfortunately we can't ( The other teams ) control who shows up.
If only two boats show, we can't go home. We do our best to put on a show.
Perhaps next year more people will show up.

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
Lol- cause the funny thing is I did turn it off!! Again I'm not saying that what you do is a joke, I'm simply saying that you racing with two other boats that's the joke. Simple as that. Of course your boats are awesome, but I'm talking from a competition stand point!! And I am not bashing your proffession! I think even you would agree that more competition makes it better!!
Old 11-28-2013, 11:37 AM
Registered

Agreed. But SBI controls how we race.
I would cvalange you to try to have JC change his format. Good luck.
In my opinion 17 1/4 laps on Sunday is to much.
We even get bored in the boat at some points.
Wed 'and Friday race format was good. Short and fast.
My 2cents.

Originally Posted by foxbat
this is absolutely correct. i don't think anyone is dissing the ul or turbine class, but rather we are far more interested in seeing 'racing' side by side, swapping paint, positions in corners, cutting across rooster tails for the inside lane etc, regardless of class. at a MINIMUM, with so few turbines, that class should be combined with the ul class in future races. the other classes can be reduced by a multiple of 1/2 as well. my friends who are new to the sport get completely confused with the array of classes. reduce it to 2 or three max, and lets see more fighters in the ring on each race.

watching race 1 when qatar 96 was pulling off all by itself was the most ridiculous 'race' i'd ever seen. with 5 or 6 other boats that are quite competitive with it, 20 seconds behind. silly silly silly.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by J Arruda
I agree with what you are saying. Unfortunately we can't ( The other teams ) control who shows up.
If only two boats show, we can't go home. We do our best to put on a show.
Perhaps next year more people will show up.
Understood. That's why I'm wishing that more of the big unlimiteds would just race super cat. That's all.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its always easier to build a boat for a class then trying to build a class around a few boats. Turbines have struggled from the very beging and never really had a boat count for one reason or another history is repeating its self.. If that effort and energy was put in helping to build a class that is growing (Superboat) it would better the sport not individual races, and give the fans somethin g to get excited about. The value of every racers equipment would go up because there would be demand for that class of boat. Sponsorship might even start to come in with a 10-15 boat count and that would have some value to a sponsor, and if the cost was kept reasonable to run the class sounds like a winner. The more classes that are eliminated the bigger the purse would be also, the total purse would be diveded into less classes and that is also a win win. Not that we race for purse most of us race for the love of the sport, but it sure would help and be nice to get a bigger check.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Its always easier to build a boat for a class then trying to build a class around a few boats. Turbines have struggled from the very beging and never really had a boat count for one reason or another history is repeating its self.. If that effort and energy was put in helping to build a class that is growing (Superboat) it would better the sport not individual races, and give the fans somethin g to get excited about. The value of every racers equipment would go up because there would be demand for that class of boat. Sponsorship might even start to come in with a 10-15 boat count and that would have some value to a sponsor, and if the cost was kept reasonable to run the class sounds like a winner. The more classes that are eliminated the bigger the purse would be also, the total purse would be diveded into less classes and that is also a win win. Not that we race for purse most of us race for the love of the sport, but it sure would help and be nice to get a bigger check.
You hit the nail on the head with SPONSORS!! That's what it takes!!
Old 11-28-2013, 01:13 PM
Registered

The Org. cant do it alone... if the racers use their heads and look to the furture good things could be on the horizin. We know more of the same isnt going to work. Sponsors are looking for fans and if the fan base grow because of the type of racing the sponsor will follow.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:45 PM
Registered

Agreed. But SBI controls how we race.
I would cvalange you to try to have JC change his format. Good luck.
In my opinion 17 1/4 laps on Sunday is to much.
We even get bored in the boat at some points.
Wed 'and Friday race format was good. Short and fast.
My 2cents.
agree on all counts - especially the sunday 17 lap. ppl start getting bored after 7 or 8 laps and drift off. maybe 10 max, to make it little more challenging than wed/fri. we the fans have loads of appreciation for you guys showing up when you do. i hope jc is paying attention to the fan base on some level...if the sport is to evolve and grow, and thus sponsorship, sbi has to adapt to what the fans and racers like you, are looking for.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:58 PM
Registered

JC does what he wants. He is not influenced by the racers or the fans if you ask me.
However the move in KW to bring the course 1 mile further in to shore where you could actually see ( the fans ) the entire race was huge. In my eyes, I liked it. It's called a rough water course, but I think you should keep it for the future of racing in KW.
I also like when JC did in some cases 2 races a day ( Heats ) as they do with the hydros.
Orange beach was one if those races.
8 Hot laps, then an hr break. Then back out for another 8 laps.
I liked it.

To answer another post.
I race turbines, becouse it's my business.
If I dont race Turbines, I will not race at all. And most of my customers feel the same way. I highly doubt they will step down to Supercat.
So I suggest encouraging all the top Extreme classes to come out and play, otherwise the fans will just loose more boats from offshore.
My 2cents.

Originally Posted by foxbat
agree on all counts - especially the sunday 17 lap. ppl start getting bored after 7 or 8 laps and drift off. maybe 10 max, to make it little more challenging than wed/fri. we the fans have loads of appreciation for you guys showing up when you do. i hope jc is paying attention to the fan base on some level...if the sport is to evolve and grow, and thus sponsorship, sbi has to adapt to what the fans and racers like you, are looking for.

Last edited by J Arruda; 11-28-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:06 PM
Registered

JC does what he wants. He is not influenced by the racers or the fans if you ask me.
However the move in KW to bring the course 1 mile further in to shore where you could actually see ( the fans ) the entire race was huge. In my eyes, I liked it. It's called a rough water course, but I think you should keep it for the future of racing in KW.
I also like when JC did in some cases 2 races a day ( Heats ) as they do with the hydros.
Orange beach was one if those races.
8 Hot laps, then an hr break. Then back out for another 8 laps.
I liked it.

To answer another post.
I race turbines, becouse it's my business.
If I dont race Turbines, I will not race at all. And most of my customers feel the same way. I highly doubt they will step down to Supercat.
So I suggest encouraging all the top Extreme classes to come out and play, otherwise the fans will just loose more boats from offshore.
My 2cents.
Hey if you can get more boats I'm all for it.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:32 PM
Registered

You know you cant run the Turbines with Cat Extreme heads up just doesnt work, again its been tried before. It doesnt matter what JC does he put the Superboat class together the rest is up to the teams to build a boat for a exciting competitive class that is grow and will be the premiere class in Offshore. Just like Bradco, Lori Blue and Cleveland Construction did. The problem with Turbine and the Extreme class they have a short lived life in Offshore look back and you name 6-8 boats that only ran a hand full of races in a 2 yr time period and spent way to much money and went away. They come and go like a flash in the pan, and it sucks they get burnt out so quick...JBS, Aqua Manina,and Gasse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.