Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chicago Air and Water show (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/30729-chicago-air-water-show.html)

ActiveThunderTodd 08-15-2002 01:13 AM

Dan,

I know Tracy wrote on another thread about bumming a ride this weekend....where will you be launching at and when. I saw you say something about Diversy. We could just meet you there. I haven't told anybody this yet but it looks like I'm boatless for a while. As I was loading the boat on the trailer on Sat at Northpoint...something bads happened to the port motor. Billowing black smoke was coming out the exhaust and there was oil in the water. I have it at Riggs marine so unless a miracle happens we won't have a boat for the Ozarks next week either. Oh well sh!t happens.

BTW thanks for offering us a ride this weekend. I have your number and I'm sure I'll be calling.:D :D

Todd

rv 08-15-2002 08:19 AM

Todd,
Sorry to hear about the engine. Was it doing that when you were out running or did it happen by the ramp. Last we saw you it looked ok then.

Any idea of what broke?

Rick

ActiveThunderTodd 08-15-2002 09:23 AM

Did it at the ramp. I docked the boat, shut the motors off to go get the trailer. Started it back up and drove it on. Left it in gear while loading. After I hooked it up and was heading back to shut the motors off I saw the black smoke coming from the port motor. I imediatly shut it off and took it up too the mechanics on Mon. They did a compression check yesterday and all 8 cylinders were reading right around 170 so I'm hoping its not as serious as we first thought. We'll have to see.

stevel 08-15-2002 09:30 AM

Todd,

Give me a call if you and Tracy want a ride on Saturday. I would be happy to take you out. We will be leaving Northpoint Saturday AM and returning that afternoon.

Steve

847-254-3748

Intolerant1 08-15-2002 05:45 PM

I will be at the show on Sunday. Weather man cant make up his mind for Saturday but Sunday looks good. May hop on the bike Friday and head down to watch em practice. If anyone would like to meet I would be up for it but Ill be coming by land tomorrow. A little known fact I will let out of the bag. Tomorrow (Friday) is the press show for the air show. This is done a Meigs Field. Several years back we went down and happend to see all the people gathered outside the door at Meigs. We mingled in with all the folks wearing press badges. Got to meet the pilots, board the planes, etc. Its quite a nice show they put on for the press. Burnham Harbor may be the place to hang out tomorrow :D

Intolerant1 08-15-2002 05:57 PM

Correction, my buddy just called and we're putting his 38 Special in the lake tomorrow. Let me know if anyone wants to hook up.

Payton 08-15-2002 10:08 PM

Sounds like Sunday is the day to go. Saturday they are saying 16mph ssw winds with 32mph gusts.

Wally, if Sunday isn't going to work out I may have to UPS those guages and a check to you.

Mark

32fever 08-15-2002 10:17 PM

Originally posted by Payton
Sounds like Sunday is the day to go. Saturday they are saying 16mph ssw winds with 32mph gusts.

Wally, if Sunday isn't going to work out I may have to UPS those guages and a check to you.

Mark

DOH! Let's hope they're wrong...that would make for a rough trip from MI across the Lake. Hmmmmmm....guess we'll have to consider Sunday as an alternate.....cross your fingers & toes for us.

candyman35 08-16-2002 12:29 AM

Guys,
Work is really overrated! Take the day off and come out tomorrow. I have an in with the boss so its a little easier for me. :D

Intolerant1,
Where was your buddy last weekend? You could have been riding in style sipping margaritas going through those 5 footers. What does your buddy’s boat look like?
Dan

Intolerant1 08-16-2002 02:06 AM

Couldnt get him off the Chain O Lakes for the run.