Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OSO member - "F26"  M35 Desert Storm boat >

OSO member - "F26" M35 Desert Storm boat

Notices

OSO member - "F26" M35 Desert Storm boat

Old 04-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have watched the posted video several times in the past and today and I cannot figure out how anyone can blame the Silver 41DCB for what happened. If it happened to me and I were in my own boat I would be telling myself I really screwed up what a bad decision I made!
Old 04-05-2014, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by J.P.
I have watched the posted video several times in the past and today and I cannot figure out how anyone can blame the Silver 41DCB for what happened. If it happened to me and I were in my own boat I would be telling myself I really screwed up what a bad decision I made!
Agreed. I don't understand the statements that the boat out front should have gone to the starboard. Why? He was holding his line through the turn. Explain to me why the boat out front should have diverted from his course? It's not his responsibility for what someone does behind you. The boat out front did not cut in front of the others, it's clear the others (for whatever reason) decided not to make the turn like everyone else.

I'm baffled that someone can say the boat out front had anything to do with that crash. Absolutely zero liability on the M41 the way I see it.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
You are entitled to your Opinion, but that's all you have is an opinion! Cut off? Maybe you should know the whole story, know that weather they should have been or not, they were running COMPETITIVELY!! The 41 is out front, which he dictates the line, the 35 went to go behind him, and chose not to turn. You see it as a cut off. Most of us know it as the person out in front dictates the way things go. It's an unfortunate incident. But the bigger problem now- is how Bo is handling himself and the incident as well as the crazy threats he's now making. Just look at the ad he had up!

never been to desert storm, have no idea what the "attitudes" are like out there while running. I have never run in a race either. I always assumed poker runs were fun and somewhat gentleman like, but hey, looks like I'm wrong on that count. if the 41( ghost driver???) dictates the line that's fine I agree to a point... he is also responsible for giving room to navigate safely, which he did in a way, a racing way IMO. the other DCB as I've said should have throttled back and let him go. no idea who he is or has handled himself...apparently he's piZZing off a few, looks like some of the members I'm fairly sure to trust and respect here even though I've never met an of them so I would believe there's some merit to that.

if the attitudes at DS are this competitive, maybe there needs to be some changes to safeguard another bonehead accident??

tanks to me...IMO...he turned a little more aggressively than was needed to make the run to the narrow...just my opinion...I know its all armchair QB and hindsight, but that's what we all do after an incident to hopefully learn and possibly help someone else not make the same mistake.

Last edited by LAriverratt; 04-05-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

You are entitled to your Opinion, but that's all you have is an opinion! Cut off? Maybe you should know the whole story, know that weather they should have been or not, they were running COMPETITIVELY!! The 41 is out front, which he dictates the line, the 35 went to go behind him, and chose not to turn. You see it as a cut off. Most of us know it as the person out in front dictates the way things go. It's an unfortunate incident. But the bigger problem now- is how Bo is handling himself and the incident as well as the crazy threats he's now making. Just look at the ad he had up!
Who did you get to type that for you?
Old 04-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boatlesss
the crowd here is far than a little bit biased to start with is more prevailing than the actual truth. it like blaming the girl who got pregnant and not her partner. the cut off part is true and regardless if there was a ufo off to the right it does not make one excusable for ones own actions nor less their own culpability.
Seriously,,,,, the cut off part is Not true, he choose to cut under Tony, he had plenty room to stay to the port side of Tony. Thats the actual fact.

Last edited by WTDecker; 04-05-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im not an experienced boater, can someone explain who is at fault and why? seems to me there were two errors made, the silver boat crossed over and the other boat didnt back off or keep tighter on the corner

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Maybe just me but everyone seems to be running along fine until someone just runs out of brains...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYvL6uEMl6E
Old 04-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Registered

Thought the boat in front has right of way and overtaking boat has to yield right of way to boats in front of him. Maybe my USGC rules of the water memory is off, but thought that is what the book said.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

What about the fact that the lead boat is going to take the shortest line from point A to point B. The trailing boat doesn't appear to understand that fact.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

As previously mentioned. Rules of the road fellas. The lead boat is the stand on vessel and if he so chooses can legally make a 90 degree turn in either direction. Any resulting accident from a trailing boat is his responsibility for following to close.

Lariverrat it's been discussed many times on here at length about poker runs vs races. Seems as most the "big boys" see poker runs as a race however won't nut up and go join sbi or opa.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by J.P.
Originally Posted by thisistank
Agreed. I don't understand the statements that the boat out front should have gone to the starboard. Why? He was holding his line through the turn. Explain to me why the boat out front should have diverted from his course? It's not his responsibility for what someone does behind you. The boat out front did not cut in front of the others, it's clear the others (for whatever reason) decided not to make the turn like everyone else.

I'm baffled that someone can say the boat out front had anything to do with that crash. Absolutely zero liability on the M41 the way I see it.
Was the reason the silver M41 was in front of everyone else due to the fact he jumped the start before they were released? Weren't they supposed to wait til they were out of that section before they were supposed to open them up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.