Notices

Livorsi vs Autometer

Old 05-29-2014, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523992[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]523993[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]523994[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]523995[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]523996[/ATTACH]

I have no experience with livorsi gauges. But, my boat had the old Gaffrig gauges with the warning lights built in. Other than being old, and the lenses showing some cracking after prob 14-15 years, they still all worked fine. I then decided I wanted to replace them all. I priced all new Autometer marine pro comp vs the livorsi, and the autometer stuff was much cheaper. I was content with the silver face/chrome race rim they offered. Livorsi does have a much wider selection of colors and styles.

I have had no trouble with any of the 15 Autometer gauges in my boat, or any I have bought for my cars in the past, or in my last boat. They all simply worked fine, and held up fine. No cracking of lenses, no falling apart, no erratic readings, etc. So basically, I am a happy autometer customer.
Attached Thumbnails Livorsi vs Autometer-imag0236.jpg   Livorsi vs Autometer-img_0109.jpg   Livorsi vs Autometer-img_0060.jpg  

Livorsi vs Autometer-img_0316.jpg   Livorsi vs Autometer-img_0324.jpg  
Old 05-29-2014, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Also a happy auotmeter customer. I also went this route due to cost and when boating on a budget sometimes you don't have a choice! The one experience I did have with livorsi was when I bought my prop slip gauge used and had to have the rim replaced with a white one. Sent the gauge in and had it back in a week!

Old 05-29-2014, 08:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Not all pretty yet but, I went with the chrome bezel/silver face autometer "pro comp marine" too.

Just got done drilling this dash console for my pantera.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have original Livorsi gauges with a little needle fade no rim fade and all work normally with no movement. I put a towel over them every time I stop and still got a little needle fade. Livorsi advertised a new speedo that is Smart Craft compatible. Does that mean you can cycle through functions like batt voltage, water pressure, etc, on that little screen at the bottom of the gauge face of that new product? Anybody have experience with that? Does Autometer sell something like that? Would be cool if it worked like my ski boat does by just pushing a button to cycle through all vital functions.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, autometer has an 8 function speedo. Little digital screen at the bottom.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have a dog in this fight, but out of coincidence I placed a call to livorsi this afternoon inquiring about gauges and a dash panel update for my 02 Fountain. Fred at livorsi asked me to send a pic of my dash. I did, and buy the end of business today he had me prices for a dash, gauges, and controls, along with pics of dash updates for fountains that fit almost exactly to the theme of my boat. Again, I don't own the product, but could not have asked for better initial customer service.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have a set of livorsi's with loose glass and faded needles. I called last year to see if I could send them to them to get new needles and was told no. I would have to buy new gauges. I called and spoke with Fred last week and he told me they would fix my gauges for a fee. I'm not sure what has changed... But I like it! I was told 2 weeks to fix and ship back.

I also put my gauges on finger tight, and they moved to easy. So I just gave them a small bump with the socket. They still move rather easy.... But not unless ya grab them. There has to be a better way to attach these things.

Last edited by mptrimshop; 05-29-2014 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

That is interesting, because when I CALLED on the phone about 3 weeks ago, they said they were no longer rebuilding gauges and updating them like they did. I wonder what the actual story is?
Old 05-30-2014, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cigrocket
That is interesting, because when I CALLED on the phone about 3 weeks ago, they said they were no longer rebuilding gauges and updating them like they did. I wonder what the actual story is?
I am curious also!
Old 05-30-2014, 08:27 AM
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GAUGETHIS
Hello this is Mike Livorsi. There are so many things wrong with this thread I wont even begin to comment. I can promise you if you call or email me I will take care of any problems personally as I have always done in the past.

Best Regards,
Mike Livorsi
847-752-2710
[email protected]
Mike, I will gladly take you up on this offer. 4 of my 25 gauges bought 03/2014 got sent back to Livorsi earlier this week, they should be there now. I will email you some pictures and give you a call this afternoon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.