Notices

Livorsi vs Autometer

Old 05-22-2014, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Livorsi vs Autometer

So what's the deal here? I see a lot of guys talking down on Livorsi and recommending Autometer. I just talked to a salesman today that works for a company that just sells gauges and he said that the Livorsi were re-branded autometer gauges.

I'm going to be ordering gauges either tomorrow of first of next week. I want black carbon fiber faces with red rings...It looks like I can get the Livorsi with colored rims and not have to order bezels like I would have to do for the Autometer
Old 05-22-2014, 07:33 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

If you are a salesman, don't take this the wrong way, but many today talk smack and don't really know.

If it really matters, find someone deeper in a company that has a better chance of knowing.

I'm from the auto repair industry, so my main experience is from reps and salespeople selling parts.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Livorsi buy there internal parts from autometer just like everyone else.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:22 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

correct, I had one livorsi apart ,and found :autometer print inside the gauge ...
Old 05-23-2014, 12:42 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

I am very interested in learning about gauges myself. Auto meter is looking like a better option every day.

I have personally seen 3 close friends have problems with new Livorsi gauges purchased within the past year. The gauges were defective out of the box. They all had to send new gauges back for warranty repair. They also complained of bad customer service from Livorsi.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:27 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

It's definitely not the same company it used to be. Probably related to them being bought out by CompX. I will never use them again after my last experience a year ago. Absolutely terrible customer service, and zero accountability.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:40 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

When it was time for me to do gauges in my formula I researched between livorsi and auto meter. Biggest complaint on livorsi is needles fade fast. I chose the automated and bought from Bill at diamond. His customer service is top notch. I loved the gauges they looked great.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:35 AM
Registered

So why are there so many problems with Livorsi and not Autometer? Is Livorsi just using their own needles and face plates on Autometer gauges? Something isnt adding up. Is it just that far more people use Livorsi, in return there are more issues being reported?

Last edited by tnc110; 05-23-2014 at 05:40 AM.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

From my understanding older guages were autometer, newer ones are livorsis own that were imported. I believe li orsi has the rights to use many of the brand boat names in order to personalize them more. (Not 100% sure though). My experiance has been awesome w autometer, they repair their own equipment and turnaround was fast and very reasonable. I redid all the ones in my tiger and autometer put the new monster bezels on for about 10 per gauge.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:48 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
It's definitely not the same company it used to be. Probably related to them being bought out by CompX. I will never use them again after my last experience a year ago. Absolutely terrible customer service, and zero accountability.
Looking at this thread from a historical perspective from those of us that have been on here a long time is something you'd have never seen posted before the buy-out. Mike Livorsi was at the top of the game and his service was legendary on this board. I remember the buy-out and concerns that the typical buy-out service level drop were rebutted by Mike and the new company....blah blah blah "we'll not compromise Livorsi's customer service levels" blah blah blah to a suspicious client base. Well, a few years later these threads have become more common...sad.

BTW...Ed at Mike's old company stayed on the phone while I was installing a new throttle package I had just purchased from them and I had questions during the install. He stayed on and walked me through it. Besides being an excellent product, just that interaction alone sold me on their products and they had yet another raving fan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.