Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
List of company's that don't rape you on shipping. >

List of company's that don't rape you on shipping.

Notices

List of company's that don't rape you on shipping.

Old 06-28-2014, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default List of company's that don't rape you on shipping.

I think it will be easier to list the company's that don't bend you over on shipping, than it would be to list the ones that do. I order 2 flex able drive showers from Eddie marine.... $38 shipping. Box is 3lbs. That's just crazy.

Donzi direct!! Sent me parts for actual shipping cost!!
Old 06-28-2014, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those are not just shipping costs. The fee includes the famous Ben Dover Handling fee.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Go to a UPS store with the address and do a reverse ship you'll see that that's probably not that far off. keep in mind that all shipping company's now are astronomical because of fuel prices. Back in 99 when i was a UPS driver,a 1 cent increase in fuel overnight cost the company millions in additional expense, even when they buy on a hedge. Imagine how it affects them when it shoots up 10 cents overnight, welcome to the new Merica. Also shipping containers and packaging cost could be added in. even cardboard boxes from Uline have gone up in price.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:52 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by mptrimshop
I think it will be easier to list the company's that don't bend you over on shipping, than it would be to list the ones that do. I order 2 flex able drive showers from Eddie marine.... $38 shipping. Box is 3lbs. That's just crazy.

Donzi direct!! Sent me parts for actual shipping cost!!
it goes on dimensions also, my guess is that those boxes were fairly large.

Here you go https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_US
Old 06-28-2014, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Shipping has gone through the roof. I use Fedex and recently sent a pair of cast iron heads to CA from TN. It was over $150 to send them ground. Sure, they are heavy. But still, I was shocked at the price.

As mentioned, shipping supplies have gone up as well. Good packing tape is $5-$6 a roll. Boxes are going up as well. It seems that everything is going up at an alarming rate.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
it goes on dimensions also, my guess is that those boxes were fairly large.

Here you go https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_US
that is dim weight or dimensional weight. This started mid 90s for mainly air pkgs. If something is large but light takes up more room. So they calculate what a weight should be based on poundage.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:17 PM
Registered

I understand all this..... But if Overtons can do it for 1/4 that. I'm not asking for free but come on. CP hit me for $26 on a fitting in a bubble wrap evalop.... My fault I didn't ask. I never dreamed it wold cost that much. I have not got the drive showed yet. I will post pics of what box they come in. Other company's make it affordable.... Why can't high preformance marine company's do it. I do everything I can to avoid buying from them for this reason. I just can't swallow $38 for a 3lb box.... Not when I get free shipping if I spend over $35 on amazon.... Or I ship my props out I. Two separate boxes for $32...... Insured. If $38 the try cost or evan close I wouldn't *****.

I mean Eddie just said he shipped 2 heads to CA for 3 times the price I'm getting flex hoses and a plate......
Old 06-28-2014, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eddie marine got me once.....never again. Around 20 bucks to ship me a relay.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:28 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Shipping has gone through the roof. I use Fedex and recently sent a pair of cast iron heads to CA from TN. It was over $150 to send them ground. Sure, they are heavy. But still, I was shocked at the price.

As mentioned, shipping supplies have gone up as well. Good packing tape is $5-$6 a roll. Boxes are going up as well. It seems that everything is going up at an alarming rate.

This country has been printing free money and keeping interest rates at nothing for years. THis devalues the dollar and its going to catch up. its already starting and its going to get a lot worse.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance

Except my wage! It is going back to last century!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.