Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Its Not Good Business To Do Business With HTM (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/31445-its-not-good-business-do-business-htm.html)

BK 11-30-2003 02:36 PM

Security Deposit:
Money paid in advance of a transaction to protect a seller against non-payment.
See "transaction"

Transaction
Definition 1
An agreement between a buyer and a seller to exchange an asset for payment.

SABER28 11-30-2003 04:42 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MrOffshore
[B]Tinkerboater wrote:
"This works for the HTM company since Steve is no longer there IT WILL NOT BE THE SAME QUALITY BOAT."

MrOffshore responds:

Tinkerboater...you have absolutely NO idea what the quality of an HTM was, is or will be in the future. For you to make such a statement is ridiculous. Please explain your credentials for making such a statement.

I will agree the company as a whole would most likely be in better shape under the leadership of Steve, but to make your statement is irresponsible. You evidently have absolutely no idea as to how boats are built. I can assure you that it is important to have good supervision from a quality oriented person, but you have no right to make such a statement without knowing factually who is and who is not supervising the people who build HTM powerboats.

Your analogy does not fit this scenario at all...while I'm certain Steve could actually handlay the FRP I doubt he does...he has people that he trusted to do this job correctly...people who more than likely do it better than he does.

I wonder who was watching the company the day that Steve and the others were out testing on the water...and the day before...God help the people whose boats were being built that day because Steve wasn't around to hawk over them...do they deserve refunds too? Come on people...if you don't know what the fu*# you're talking about don't post to a thread...stick with what you know.

tinkerer knows everything about everything, just ask him :rolleyes:

BK 11-30-2003 04:48 PM

Whether or not the company will be run better or worse since the loss of the founder, we cannot say. But I see that Mrs. HTM did register a new hull with the copyright office this past July:

http://www.copyright.gov/vessels/regs/dvh0133.pdf

blue thunder 11-30-2003 05:05 PM

tinkerer knows everything about everything, just ask him :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]

I have never gotten that impression about tinkerboat or tinkerer. He has always been quite helpful to me and others. What are you refering to Saber28?

Dave

Boss272 11-30-2003 05:38 PM

Sounds Like another Company on here. PANTERA?
Give those guys all the money up front, They build themselves a race boat with your money and make you waite till someone buys another boat so they can do the same to them.

liquid asset 11-30-2003 07:28 PM

whether ur not you like the shop guys is irelevent, you should have done your reserch before giving a deposit, happens to me all the time in the building buss. I don't give it back unless I back out or can't do it in a timely manner, I say cut your losses, but HTM builds a quality boat with an unusally high resale, your loss

SABER28 11-30-2003 07:40 PM

Originally posted by blue thunder
tinkerer knows everything about everything, just ask him :rolleyes:
I have never gotten that impression about tinkerboat or tinkerer. He has always been quite helpful to me and others. What are you refering to Saber28?

Dave [/B][/QUOTE]

more of a reference to his posts in current events than anything else;)

KCHOTBOAT 11-30-2003 07:54 PM

Originally posted by JKK

Like HTM needed 2K anyway, better to keep your rep then screw over one consumer..

JK

They may need the money. I have had zero support from them. They scewed me over. They must need my four grade more than me.

BryanTuvell 11-30-2003 07:56 PM

SO what was ever determined to why the HTM crashed?
Drive, Hull, Steering, driver error?????
I have tried to stay in tune but lost track with time.
Was there an investigation released to the public?

Just curious for my own personal reasons.
Bryan

(I never give a deposit without a contract, that is why we have lawyers, they look out for our best interest as a consumer, mine does I believe.)

KCHOTBOAT 11-30-2003 08:21 PM

HTM is a joke. I own one and know how they are to deal with. I had my boat in the water three times and the third time it almost burned up. Maybe they do not know how to winterize a boat in the west coast. I called HTM and Steve told me to **** myself and it was not his problem. Since then my floor rotted out because his bad design and people selling boats with no clue how to build one. The company is still a joke I would buy a Bayliner first the next time before another HTM .Now the boat is like new and done right for about what I paid for it.