Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where's the best place to live in North Carolina with a go fast boat? >

Where's the best place to live in North Carolina with a go fast boat?

Notices

Where's the best place to live in North Carolina with a go fast boat?

Old 07-13-2014, 11:36 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 388SLW
Lake Murray is great , cola is very easy to get anywhere not a lot of traffic ,lake is beautiful and yes we have go fast boats here , I have lived here all my life and it's great , 1 hr to charleston, 2 hrs to the mountains ,1 hr to Charlotte , winter what winter? We have had 2" of snow in 20 yrs ! Cost of living very reasonable ! You can boat all year but about 3 mt's , if you want anymore info let me know or p.m. Me . Gus
Dont mean to high jack thread but I'm looking for same info.If you dont mind what part of Lake Murray is good for water front living and go fast boating, also performance repair shops for repair and or maintenance,thanks. Chris
Old 07-13-2014, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Lived in Tega Cay SC for 4 years lake Wylie is pretty cool lake traffic is a night mare though trying to get anywhere on the roads
The whole Boatfreaks club is always partying down at the sandbar on weekends .....good people !!
Old 07-14-2014, 01:11 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The whole lake is water front , but he closer in as we say , to cola the more expensive , as for as repair shops go there are a few nothing like south fla, but very little crime and it's a very nice big lake 50k acres , it's a little busy on weekend but on weekdays very few boats ,on speed limits , no noise law, etc, of corse we have DNR but if you are not acting stupid they leave you alone if I can help with any questions please ask ill try to answer the best I can , also the people around here are very nice and helpful, great place to live !!!!
Old 07-14-2014, 07:25 AM
Registered

Lakes are nice however, if you want to actually go somewhere other than cruise up and down the lake or to the sandbar, North Carolina waterways offer alot. There are numerous rivers most of which all connect to the Albemarle, Pamlico, or Currtiuck sound of which also aloow direct access to the Atlantic Ocean. There is also Morehead City and Virginia Beach area with much simular connections. There are several of performance shops as well. Its all where you want to live, what you want to do when NOT boating, and what you can afford.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:32 PM
Registered

We love Lake Norman, just not some of the idiots out on it...

Beautiful Lake...40,000+ sq acres....Over 600 miles of coastline....

Also, boat insurance for boating in the LKN area is double or triple what I would be paying if I still lived in Indiana or most other area of NC....I chalk that up to the idiot comment I made earlier.

Last edited by j21black; 10-23-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:15 PM
Registered

I love living here in wilmington. not many go fast boats around, but there's always room to run, and you'll see the marker 17 marine outerlimits (kilo record holder) doing some test runs every now and then. lots to do, wrightsville beach is nice, so is carolina beach and everywhere in in between or north and south. Having a go fast also makes it a nice quick trip if you want to run the ICW to the river and then up to downtown wilmington. always a fun day trip. then there's about 30 miles of river you can carve through up to castle hayne and back if you want. Southport, bald head also nice destinations to the south, topsail island to the north.
Lots of people raft up near wrightsville beach behind masonboro island on weekends, or north of wrightsville behind figure 8 island for the more family friendly crowd. We're also far enough south that we usually never get the snow the rest of the state does
Old 10-24-2014, 06:19 PM
Registered

there's also plenty a few restaurants to pull up to by boat to grab a bite to eat, take in some music, and have a few beers. Just make sure your docking skills are perfect because the noise you make will have everybody staring. i've always received compliments though, never any complaints.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 388SLW
The whole lake is water front , but he closer in as we say , to cola the more expensive , as for as repair shops go there are a few nothing like south fla, but very little crime and it's a very nice big lake 50k acres , it's a little busy on weekend but on weekdays very few boats ,on speed limits , no noise law, etc, of corse we have DNR but if you are not acting stupid they leave you alone if I can help with any questions please ask ill try to answer the best I can , also the people around here are very nice and helpful, great place to live !!!!
I lived on Lake Murray for 25 years and loved it. SC has a low cost of living and Lake Murray has a lot of performance boats. If you like fishing the stripper and bass fishing is very good. I have a 3 bed 2 bath condo with a slip for sale for $177K. 388 is corect if you use your brain you will not be bothered by DNR. For performance oriented boat work I used the Boat Doctor, David is a nice guy and has a Formula with wipples that is very fast.