Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Our New Twin 650HP Big Block Running Strong!! >

Our New Twin 650HP Big Block Running Strong!!

Notices

Our New Twin 650HP Big Block Running Strong!!

Old 08-12-2014, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 1,354 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by JWay
Man this thread really took a left turn. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't all the older fountains have a squared off transom with no molded swim platform. If that is the case someone at some point had a molded platform added maybe in an attempt to trick an unsuspecting buyer. That bring said I can't believe you did not due a little more research into what your were buying.
No they started to mold them in around 88-89?

Really if he didn't pay that much it's not like the boat is junk becuase it's a 89ish.
I hear some people like straight hull boats more then steps,,,,,,,
Old 08-12-2014, 08:10 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,137 Likes on 1,412 Posts

The sooner one finds out their wife was a prostitute, the better.

This guy got some real information that he may never have gotten anywhere else....better now then until schit really hit the fan when he sells it and then that guy finds out.

Hey listen, having possesion of stolen goods (not saying this guy does but using it as example) even not knowing they are stolen, is still prosecutable by law. Remember your high school days when stolen car stereos flaoted around ? It's better to know than not know.

Anyone around these boards see's some really f'd up schit once in a while go down in these boards, so I'm sure many long time members are waiting to find out who really is the scammer or lyer here.

So, be a little easy on those smelling the fish....past experience has made a lot of members have a more sensitive nose.

Last edited by SB; 08-12-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=4bus;4170498]Listen,

Unless you forget everything you thought you knew up till yesterday about this boat, you are going to have the same rough road ahead of you no matter who you call. Forget the hull ID number, forget what the previous buyer told you. I don't know what picture you painted to Patrick, but if the information you typed back to us is accurate, he might be on crack.

Ok my turn. I have looked thru all the pics of boats you all posted of 89models and looked at some my self. I have said it 10 times if not more I am 150% convinced that our boat is not a 1999model however possibly a 89 model if not older! Now my task is to find out exactly what we have purchased!
Old 08-12-2014, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

So if it sinks does insurance buy him a 99 or an 89?
Old 08-12-2014, 08:19 PM
Registered

Here is something else weird. We did do a boat fax before we purchased the boat. That hin# came back as a 1999 fountain lightning 35ft with white interior trimmed in purple. Our interior before we had it redone was white trimmed in purple.The boat fax came back clean. I would of mentioned this earlier however the wife just told me when I got home from work.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by CDShack
Something is fishy with the boat!!! Maybe Caveat Emptor, but someone went to some pretty extreme measures to pull off this fraud. If it turns out he got shafted---SELLER is the ass here, not this guy.
I think everyone here is in agreement and on his side. Where the frustration occurs is many times hes been asked what the title says and still no answer. Seems Id be looking at everything within minutes of news like this. Wonder if someone took a title from a destroyed 99 and put the HINon this boat. Still dont explain getting 88 drive serial numbers from Fountain with a so called 99 HIN.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 454captiva
So if it sinks does insurance buy him a 99 or an 89?
Yeah no ****! This is what I told my wife why we need to figure this out quickly! Other obvious reasons as well but that is one of them!
Old 08-12-2014, 08:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cheech
I think everyone here is in agreement and on his side. Where the frustration occurs is many times hes been asked what the title says and still no answer. Seems Id be looking at everything within minutes of news like this. Wonder if someone took a title from a destroyed 99 and put the HINon this boat. Still dont explain getting 88 drive serial numbers from Fountain with a so called 99 HIN.
The serial number on the drives were what fountain said was on the builds best with that hin#.
I just got the serial numbers that are actually on the boat and they don't match. I just posted them a few post back
Old 08-12-2014, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Fountainfunatic
Yeah no ****! This is what I told my wife why we need to figure this out quickly! Other obvious reasons as well but that is one of them!
I'll ask again, have you confronted the guy you bought it from?
Old 08-12-2014, 08:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 302Sport
I'll ask again, have you confronted the guy you bought it from?
No not yet. I want to see what real fast boats has to say first. I need all documentation ready before I do that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.