Old 10-17-2014, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Understood!
Old 10-17-2014, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
The only thing that could possibly save offshore racing is a reality tv show to display how completely disfunctional it is. The vast majority of stupid America loves this type of grade school drama!
thats why no offshore races in so. cal.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
I would love to see solidarity among the racers at this time to stand up to JC to let Qatar race or no one shows!
Rumor had it Geico was threatened not being allowed to race Key West if they raced in OPA.
The exceptions were the OSS sites that later became part of the OPA schedule and Atlantic City being as that AC is in Goodell's home state and major sponsor of the event.
The track record shows they were the only events they participated in with OPA.
I don't know if the Miss Geico Team U.S.A. has been threatened, if they race in OPA but many have wondered why we didn't see Miss Geico racing anymore more at the St. Clair River Classic. They have raced there for years, and as a fan we don't know what is really going on in the Offshore Powerboat World but know that it has never been a smooth road. There seems to always be some kind of turmoil every few years and as a fan we just want to watch racing and know nothing of the inter workings of different orgs. I always wanted to go to Key West Worlds and was thinking about it this year but one of the Super Cat Guys that I have always liked was not running this year and I was thinking about it for next year. Hope things get straightened out and everyone can do what they love doing, racing and the fans can see what they love, some great racing.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:08 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by smiklos@sunprint
I think the reason the team was "un-invited" by the host organization was that it would impossible to prevent them from promoting their new series while being a guest at the event.
Steve
Not sure about that Steve.
One year Lucas Oil had a sponsor's product that the team wanted to offer in the pits but being as said sponsor didn't put money in JC's pocket, they were not allowed to offer the product....

So I think JC would have been able to find a way to prevent any promotion of another series on his grounds.

But let's really think about it, the audience for such promotion is terribly small. By now, I am sure everyone in offshore is aware of the new org.....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-17-2014, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One year Lucas Oil had a sponsor's product that the team wanted to offer in the pits but being as said sponsor didn't put money in JC's pocket, they were not allowed to offer the product....

So I think JC would have been able to find a way to prevent any promotion of another series on his grounds.

But let's really think about it, the audience for such promotion is terribly small. By now, I am sure everyone in offshore is aware of the new org.....

The is vending or dispensing of a product for profit. Usually these are practices the promoter approves and realizes revenue from. If you do not have specific approval in advance I do not believe you can sell products at a event. This is not unique to Offshore the same holds true for all types of events. People say they want the races to be more professional and that implies commercial but they resist the commercial approach? I would not be surprised if the RTA mentioned above becomes a leverage for the team owners to threaten anti trust action against NASCAR concerning access to large sponsor's they (NASCAR) take for themselves. That is the racing business and it is just that a business.
Steve
Old 10-17-2014, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve is correct all and any vender is welcome in Kw pits to sell their wears. Pretty simple to get the paper in advance, food venders, t shirts, oil manufacturers, sunglasses, race videos , ect. This has to be done in advance with the SBI office.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:47 PM
Registered

Tim as a fan I respect your opinion, but you have to look at the other side. Majority of the SBI member have sent emalls, or contacted the SBI office in support of the decision SBI made in this situation. Much of this happened prior to the action being taken, most questioned what was going to be done . So SBI also had to take the organizations members concerns into consideration also. Just wanted to give you a little insight on how the teams feel. I hear ppl saying well thats it now I'm not going to KW and I respect that. But the 40 or 50 race team must be ok with it or they wouldnt be racing.

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 10-17-2014 at 10:50 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

imo,jc just shot himself in the foot.he sure showed qatar who,s the boss.i would love to see the racers boycot key west and put jc out of business.im sure all the other race teams are wondering who is next.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
imo,jc just shot himself in the foot.he sure showed qatar who,s the boss.i would love to see the racers boycot key west and put jc out of business.im sure all the other race teams are wondering who is next.
Just curious why would other teams wonder who's next? How many other teams do you know of that have been in the same situation before? Make it sound like there's no reason for his actions, every action has a reaction. Right or wrong not my place to say but SBI made a discussion for his org. and members. You might of seen a boycot if he didnt more likely. You hear alot of opinions on here but really have you seen any teams jumping up and down all upset? No one seems to care what the teams wanted, the teams didnt ask for another org. to try and split the classes again that they worked so far to build. Its finally on the up swing again and hear we go again. Forget the flag .........

Everyone forgets quick how the Superboat class was 2 or 3 boats 3 short yrs ago and now this yr in KW u might see 10 and how did that happen and who did it? When there was 3 boats they *****ed damn this suck now 10 and they r still *****ing.
Lets not forget SS that could possibly have 7 or 8 also.

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 10-17-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:27 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by smiklos@sunprint
I would welcome someone honestly trying to build something better, but starting by tearing down the sports anchor events is a curious way to start construction. For the record all of the successful motorsport franchises have been run by benevolant dictators.
But what would I know!
Carry on!
Steve
The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination- Voltaire
Looks like somebody's been reading the classics.....

Last edited by Speedracer29; 10-17-2014 at 11:31 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.