Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
SeaDek for entire Cockpit floor of Center Console >

SeaDek for entire Cockpit floor of Center Console

Notices

SeaDek for entire Cockpit floor of Center Console

Old 10-27-2014, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what's red and tan and goes a 100miles per.......err,..........nevermind.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by StillCrazy J&M
I have white SeaDek flooring with custom logo on our boat cockpit floor. It is an absolute nightmare to keep clean. Probably would be slightly better if it were a center console and I just hosed everything down and used bleach or something after every run, but I don't do that in a performance boat. You literally cannot step on it from a dock or at all with shoes without it staining. And the stains don't just wipe off.

I'm having a new floor made now out of Jim's Marine PVC, similar to deckadence that I'm going to install over the SeaDek.
Interesting. I don't have the problem at all, but the Faux Teak patterns are not like the regular patterns. Maybe that is the difference?
The regular patterns have raised dots. The Faux Teak has grooves. Not sure if you can see that from the pics I put up.
Mine are not like these:
http://www.seadek.com/p-15-hot-button.aspx
Old 10-28-2014, 02:39 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by damdonzi
Interesting. I don't have the problem at all, but the Faux Teak patterns are not like the regular patterns. Maybe that is the difference?
The regular patterns have raised dots. The Faux Teak has grooves. Not sure if you can see that from the pics I put up.
Mine are not like these:
http://www.seadek.com/p-15-hot-button.aspx
I too have been on a boat with the faux teak and it seems to be much more livable in terms of maintenance. It is a different texture altogether and may be a completely different material for all I know.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Currently I have Medium Blue SeaDek on my motor bracket (with the raised dots). And it sees plenty of traffic and still cleans up well. Even grease come off with ease... I use cheap dollar store citrus cleaner. The more I think about it the more I am leaning toward doing it in the Spring (Teak Seadek). I currently have non-skid gel coat surface and just think the Teak Seadek would give the boat a little more style.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:26 PM
Registered

I know I'm a little late in the conversation and maybe out of place, being that I own a 2005 Rinker 232 but I am very interested in the sea dek product for my entire boat. the local dealer was not much help and the website had a lot of good info but did not say much on pricing for an entire boat. I am out of Louisville, KY and have no problem traveling to get the correct measurements. Is there any contact info local to me or is my best bet just to contact sea dek? figured I would try here first, you guys (offshoreonly) seem to always point me in the right direction in the past.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

contact Tyler at Castaway Customs not sure if he services your area or not but he knows all there is to know about Sea Dek. You can also call the factory they may already have a kit for your boat. You want to know about pricing but what surfaces do you consider "entire boat"
Old 12-18-2014, 09:25 PM
Registered

The cockpit floor, the open bow floor, walk through to swim platform and swim platform. Maybe 40 total square feet. And is Tyler at castaways on the web or is there a link on this site
Old 12-18-2014, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

what I did in my boat was around $2000, I would think yours is more or less about half the area so maybe around $1000 give or take a few hundred. Search google or Facebook and you can find Tyler.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:06 PM
Registered

Great, thanks man!
Old 12-19-2014, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

I fell in love with the seaddek the first time I saw it on the (then brand new) nor tech Monte Carlo. Stuff is awesome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.