SeaDek for entire Cockpit floor of Center Console >

SeaDek for entire Cockpit floor of Center Console

Notices

SeaDek for entire Cockpit floor of Center Console

Old 10-24-2014, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SeaDek for entire Cockpit floor of Center Console

I am seriously contemplating installing a Teak look SeaDeck floor in my Concept 30'. My question to those with experience with SeaDek, if I provide SeaDek with an accurate template, does it require any special skills to install? Also any special prep. Right now my floor has a raised coin texture. It is not the rubberized Loncoin but is gelcoated fiberglass but looks like loncoin. I have a piece of SeaDek on the motor bracket and it seems to hold up to traffic and the color appears to not have faded. What expectations should I have in regards to easy of cleaning, is there much color fade on the Teak look? Any other tips, suggestions, experience is appreciated. I have attached a photo of the style I am looking to go with.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have it on mine, but not the teak look, it looks and feels great but it is harder to clean than fiberglass non skid. If you want to have the whole boat done call Tyler at Castaway customs, he will come scan the boat with this fancy machine he has and the pads come out perfect, then he can send them to you or he will come and install them. I doubt the boat in your picture was done from templates

Installation is easy wipe down the area with acetone or alcohol and then peel and stick, just have to be careful not to stretch the pieces as you do it.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pstorti
I have it on mine, but not the teak look, it looks and feels great but it is harder to clean than fiberglass non skid. If you want to have the whole boat done call Tyler at Castaway customs, he will come scan the boat with this fancy machine he has and the pads come out perfect, then he can send them to you or he will come and install them. I doubt the boat in your picture was done from templates

Installation is easy wipe down the area with acetone or alcohol and then peel and stick, just have to be careful not to stretch the pieces as you do it.
I certainly don't expect it to be as easy to clean as the fiberglass floor is... How does it handle normal foot traffic bare foot and maybe even non-skid shoes. Normal sand and dirt? How about an accidental grease/oil stain? We use the boat basically as pleasure, no fishing, and do a lot of in and out when at the beach.......

The pic is just one I found on the internet as an example...
Old 10-24-2014, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

There are no special skills. The cleaning of the surface as mentioned above is important, and placement is pretty much permanent. This is industrial strength adhesive and these things flat out do not move once they are down. If you have a steady hand, it is not a big deal. Otherwise someone that works with vinyl stickers/graphic would be a good choice. Literally a bunch of stickers would show up in the mail in an oversize box.

+1 on using Tyler. He has a tool that will digitize the design. Picture in your mind a pen tethered to a computer that takes very precise measurements. Otherwise I don't see how it could be possible to get a clean and professional looking installation without it. Once he has that you can tweak the design on how you want the patterns to be cut, insert logos, etc...

Mine is the lower photo examples: http://www.castawaycustoms.com/?s=intrepid

I have it on the entire cockpit, cabin flooring and each swim platform. I can attest to dropping a beer bottle on it and watching it bounce and not break. Kids spilling Red Gatorade, wives spilling Red Wine and small spills of oil and power steering fluid that all clean up easily. I use nothing more than StarBrite with PTEF deck cleaner and a stiff brush and it works perfectly. I was told that using a pressure hose to clean it at least once per season would get rid of anything of a more serious nature but have never needed to do that.

I went with the lighter color becase it not only complimented the existing colors of my boat, but had samples of each sent ahead of time. The difference after leaving them in the direct sunlight from a tempature perspective was about 20-30 degrees hotter. It was noticeable and I am very happy I went with the lighter color.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to speak. It is hands down one of the best things I have ever had installed in a boat. Will be on future boats for sure.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 4,255 Likes on 1,226 Posts

Man id love to get that stuff for my swim platform, but with that design theres no way id get the measurements right.. boo
Old 10-24-2014, 09:51 PM
Registered

Considering my boat is rack stored in MI, pretty much means I can't get it down to Castaway Customs.... I understand Seadeck sells a layout/template kit. Similar to that used in making Bimini tops. Right now the seadek on our motor bracket is a medium blue (much darker than the teak) and it is cool to bar feet in the middle of summer. But I know all colors so retain heat differently so I will try a few samples first. Maybe even starting off with redoing the motor bracket first in the teak and if that works well then move on to the cockpit.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]531498[/ATTACH]
Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Man id love to get that stuff for my swim platform, but with that design theres no way id get the measurements right.. boo
Call them see if they have a suggestion.... They were great to deal with when I used them
Attached Thumbnails SeaDek for entire Cockpit floor of Center Console-image.jpg  

Last edited by mptrimshop; 10-24-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 05:05 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I've got a lot of it on my ski boat. I like it basically but would not want to do my whole cockpit because it absorbs water and becomes dirty and then is difficult to clean. My Nautique is a 2011 and the Sea Dek looks old. I am a complete perfectionist about my boats. It's not all bad but difficult to keep looking new in my opinion.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put snap in carpet in my CC. Worked great, Took boat to Tom in Harrison Twp. on North River Rd. He did all the work and had it done in Half a day.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SkiDoc
I've got a lot of it on my ski boat. I like it basically but would not want to do my whole cockpit because it absorbs water and becomes dirty and then is difficult to clean. My Nautique is a 2011 and the Sea Dek looks old. I am a complete perfectionist about my boats. It's not all bad but difficult to keep looking new in my opinion.
Mine does not absorb water, the whole floor of my boat is covered and the swim platform.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.