Progression27 I/O Whippled Merc 525efi IMCO scx4 >

Progression27 I/O Whippled Merc 525efi IMCO scx4

Notices

Progression27 I/O Whippled Merc 525efi IMCO scx4

Old 11-07-2014, 11:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

I remember back in the early 1990's going to the NYC Boat Show at the Jacob Javits Convention Center when Kevin had a spot of the floor for a few years with a boat on display. What comes to mind was how impressed my father was with the construction and rigging that was done on each progression he saw. To impress my late father took some doing, what I remember was how engaging Kevin was, My father for years considered having Kevin build him a 29' with twins.

He was vacuum bagging boats years head of other manufactures, and his boats were and are always fast. There was a 29' Progression from NJ with twin SBC that used to race against the MRD Superboat I forget what class that was A or B, the throttleman was a customer of mine, so I got first hand information on the how the boat was back then, and it won too.

Bottomline- Progression are a great, fast, and I would be proud to own one, I think that the boat on this thread that is running 102 mph at 5600 rpms, is f@cking awesome!

Last edited by Smarty; 11-07-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just recently ran the CT River event my first time in my new boat. For five years I heard of all the amazingly fast boats that ran the GSB and this year they where we'll represent with multiple multiple go pros around and professional drivers like the world champion Joey Emprescia & Tom Maddalena and a lot of the S&F loud mouths etc etc etc. And the one thing I came away with is some of there GPS's or should I say a most of there GPS's need to be re calibrated because that hole day I never ran faster then 84mph granted I had 1000lbs of people 100 gallons of fuel 4 gallons of oil and 100lbs of gear. Well long story short Pro27 has a beautiful boat personally I'd buy it in a heart beat but when it comes to speed and any person living on the south shore if you can't pass me I just don't believe you to many story tellers coming out of that region. Hate to stereo type anyone and I mean no disrespect if I did I could of been way more direct and broke out the video. This is just my opinion hey I honestly hope Pro27 passes me but until that happens Im in the skeptics corner!

Last edited by Omni Present; 11-08-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-08-2014, 12:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Omni all I can say in reply to your comment is REALLY!!!!!! I didn't start this thread as a competition to anyone,and not trying to prove anything.I did this to give other single engine V hulls a look at a different way to go if they were thinking of repowering.So far the engine and gear case have proven to me to be a great package.You just seem to like calling people out.I thought we had a good rapport as I never had a negative comment on one of your many rants.Skeptical or not,I tell it like it is.Look forward to seeing you out there.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:14 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Ahhhhh.....The sound of saber rattling and the smell of impending battle .
Old 11-08-2014, 01:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by the deep
Ahhhhh.....The sound of saber rattling and the smell of impending battle .
Not gunna go there LOL,would like to stay on point,this is a great running boat and power package!!

Last edited by pro27; 11-08-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a personal dig against you Pro27! Ive just bore witnesses to the shady numbers coming out of the south shore. Heck I said id buy your boat in a heart beat and thru in that I hope your boat would passes mine I just can't vouche for you till you pass me. Trust me many of your south shore buddies talk a good game but I know for a fact they couldn't pass me or even keep up so if I can't trust them and they come from your hood I guess everyone from that region needs to be well let's just say vetted.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Like I said let's try to keep this on point,single engine Conventional V bottom running SCX4 gear case with Whippled Merc Thanks everyone else for the encouraging positive comments.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Omni Present
I just recently ran the CT River event my first time in my new boat. For five years I heard of all the amazingly fast boats that ran the GSB and this year they where we'll represent with multiple multiple go pros around and professional drivers like the world champion Joey Emprescia & Tom Maddalena and a lot of the S&F loud mouths etc etc etc. And the one thing I came away with is some of there GPS's or should I say a most of there GPS's need to be re calibrated because that hole day I never ran faster then 84mph granted I had 1000lbs of people 100 gallons of fuel 4 gallons of oil and 100lbs of gear. Well long story short Pro27 has a beautiful boat personally I'd buy it in a heart beat but when it comes to speed and any person living on the south shore if you can't pass me I just don't believe you to many story tellers coming out of that region. Hate to stereo type anyone and I mean no disrespect if I did I could of been way more direct and broke out the video. This is just my opinion hey I honestly hope Pro27 passes me but until that happens Im in the skeptics corner!
This may help alleviate some doubt, I see that it is a four blade propeller in the picture, the boat turns 5600 rpms @ 102 mph, well plug in the size of the prop, the slip is the big question mark, and see what the calculator determines, B Blades, Throttle-Up all have formula for determining slip, which may help in you in removing doubt about top-end speed, It is 100% conclusive, no, but if the calculator says 98.5, or 101, or 100, you know that his GPS is not that far off, I think a 1% margin of error would not be that bad.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

[ATTACH=CONFIG]532298[/ATTACH] 5 Blade Merc CNC
Attached Thumbnails Progression27 I/O Whippled Merc 525efi IMCO scx4-image.jpg  
Old 11-08-2014, 07:49 PM
Registered

[ATTACH=CONFIG]532304[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Progression27 I/O Whippled Merc 525efi IMCO scx4-progression.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.