Formula at the Atlanta Boat Show >

Formula at the Atlanta Boat Show

Notices

Formula at the Atlanta Boat Show

Old 01-19-2015, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
Hey Sam, is the club doing anything at the Buffalo show?

Padraig
pretty sure we will have a booth with video's and info going again, we have many new members since we started doing the boat show, hopefully they put us bye the beverage center again
Old 01-20-2015, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I learned a couple of things at the show even though many major producers in the marine industry who usually attend were MIA!!!! That stuff really pizzes me off. This is a boat show for crying out loud and a lot of the major players are not there.
At previous shows here we had mercury racing with power and displays as well as other builders and mfgrs. Now I was told that there were a couple of Mercury reps at the show but I didn't run into one. The shows have dwindled due to the economy and vendors of any kind are cutting costs and since Key Bank is not backing floor plans and shows nobody is going; it sucks.
Since Formula emailed and said they were going to be there I went. One thing I learned is that Formula is marketing sales through the CareFree Boating Club. Seems like a good way to get people exposed, set the hook and put them in a boat. I had not heard of this boat club but it is in many places nationwide and growing. The Formula factory guy said that this market idea is a focus on the under 30' boats since they are doing well on orders at the factory for 30' and up.

The other thing I saw was the Caravelle Razor and I-Toon. A new wild concept of blending a pontoon upper with a cat and semi-V fiberglass lower offered as a pontoon class option. I don't care for a pontoon myself for the poor handling issues but this new lower design caught my interest. IT is supposed to be stable where a pontoon is stable but nimble like a v hull boat and still agile for water sports. The price tag seemed low enough to easily fit in a brand new purchase with a packaged 150HP eggbeater. Kind of cool for a pontoon boat and easy price.

Also there is going to be a Formula rendezvous here in Atlanta on Lake Lanier the first week in May. That is awesome. Now I am going to be crammed to get my services done by that time since I am still in a class at that time. Hopefully I will make it and meet more Formula guys here.

Last edited by aquaforce; 01-20-2015 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Aqua- empty out your pm box
Old 01-20-2015, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
Aqua- empty out your pm box

Thanks, just realized that, done.