Formula at the Atlanta Boat Show >

Formula at the Atlanta Boat Show

Notices

Formula at the Atlanta Boat Show

Old 01-15-2015, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Formula at the Atlanta Boat Show

I got an email today from Formula that they will have a presence at the Atlanta Boat Show this weekend. That kind of surprised me and I didn't know there was a Formula dealer here but the email listed CareFree Boat sales as the local dealer.

The Atl show has gotten kind of drab but since Formula is there I will go.

Anyone else going to the Atlanta Boat Show?
Old 01-15-2015, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not going to the Atlanta show but I am going to the Cleveland show on Saturday because Formula is going to be there. We don't have many of them around here.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by NewToMe260
I am not going to the Atlanta show but I am going to the Cleveland show on Saturday because Formula is going to be there. We don't have many of them around here.
I bet all you will find from Formula are cruisers. I will be at Cleveland too but not expecting to see any go fasts.

Padraig
Old 01-16-2015, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by aquaforce
Does this mean your not coming down from the Carolinas for the Atlanta Boat Show??????
AF- I consider that to be a very accurate & factual statement!
Old 01-16-2015, 05:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Padraig
I bet all you will find from Formula are cruisers. I will be at Cleveland too but not expecting to see any go fasts.

Padraig

The Formula email specified one SS and two bow riders for the show here. If that has anything to do with market then I guess that is us. No go fast of course and that has been a let down for me here for years.

Im guessing if there are only cruisers for your show then it is marketing.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:54 PM
Registered

I did the show today. The Formula email, as I think of it, was also a piece of marketing. I was glad they were at the show and I also learned they are marketing a new approach to sales for the under 30' boats through the "CareFree Boating Club." Interesting angle that I think should produce more exposure to boaters and availability for checking out boats so maybe that will help Formula get back to 100%. Since the market crash they laid off workers to keep the doors open and according to the Formula sales guy they are still only at 50% with employees.

Saw some new designs in the pontoon/deck boat concepts and thought a lot more people should have been there like Mercury Marine for one. The presence at the shows seems only geared for sales and not for industry exposure. I used to go to the boat show and all the power builders were there, electronics builders were there, all forms of boating were there and now just brochures and a couple reps.........too lame. I understand the economy is down but that does not negate marketing in my mind. At least have a small booth or display with a large flat screen to show power and products etc because that is what people come to see. A table with brochures just doesn't cut it in my book.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Cleveland show didn't have any FasTech boats either. 24, 27, 31 foot bowriders, the 350 CBR, a 40 FX8, and a 34PC. Nice boats though .

Couldn't ask about the business. They were really busy, like bouncers at a club letting 1 off and 1 on.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:35 PM
Registered

Cleveland was a Very boring show. No go fasts and lack of vendors. I guess I am old but remember when you walked the aisles and saw dozens of vendors selling fenders, lines, anchors, radios, GPS, etc. Now you see bath fitters, gutter guard and basement water proofing! WTF are they doing at a so called boat show?

Padraig
Old 01-18-2015, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
Cleveland was a Very boring show. No go fasts and lack of vendors. I guess I am old but remember when you walked the aisles and saw dozens of vendors selling fenders, lines, anchors, radios, GPS, etc. Now you see bath fitters, gutter guard and basement water proofing! WTF are they doing at a so called boat show?

Padraig
Yup, thats why we don't bother anymore, used to go overnight and have a blast, then do a day trip to TO, don't do either anymore, It was one thing when the go-fast left, but when all the "fun" accessories/nick/knacks, cool new products vendors started disappearing we gave it up
Old 01-18-2015, 09:09 PM
Registered

Hey Sam, is the club doing anything at the Buffalo show?

Padraig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.