Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What was the last year of the merc. 575 . >

What was the last year of the merc. 575 .

Notices

What was the last year of the merc. 575 .

Old 04-06-2015, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

As for the blowers, you really can't beat The Blower Shop's 575SCI replacement blower. My stock Weiands had been rebuilt once by TBS but were soon toast again after only two seasons. They just have too many flaws in the design like single row bearings and non heat treated gears. Basically, the more they wear, the closer the rotors get together. TBS sells the 575 replacement blower at $3300 retail. I sold the pair of old worn out blowers on ebay for 3000 to really offset the cost. Also, even though my boat had only been used one or two seasons in the salt, the intakes and thermostat housings were in pretty bad shape. I like the additional insurance against detonation of intercooled boost and the Whipple intercooler/intake manifolds made the best sense. No mods to the hatch and it all fits under the hood.