Notices

SBI Race Results?

Old 09-09-2002, 07:44 PM
DJD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll have to agree.
Tico, though the paint was well thought out and flawlessly done, I think you should at least cover up your a$$ (rear end) while on the trailer.
There are kids around the pits, highways and home towns the boat travels through.
p.s. sorry to see what the traffic sign did to the side. Hopefully, it will be fixed up in no time!!
Old 09-09-2002, 07:59 PM
Boat Girl

DJD- Spoken like a true DAD...It was great to see you and Marcus and I hope the babies are well...see you in New Orleans???

Old 09-09-2002, 08:01 PM
LadySunseeker

Originally posted by Ron P
I gotta tell you, that 4 engine Aqua toy store is very intimidating when it passed us with 20 feet to spare at 150mph and running on all four motors. SUPER LOUD and SUPER FAST. They put a half lap on Snack Attack in the first two laps.
YA THINK..........? Grrrrrrrrrr Actually, I might have a picture of that. My film won't be back until Wednesday. It was great seeing you and Terrie again. The in-person LIVE Ron Polli race address is a wonderful thing to experience. I gotta admit though, last year's was better (wink, wink).

On to the next thing.

I would like to congratulate/thank the Typhoon Racing Team, et al. They raised over $2,000 for the Childrens' Cancer Research Fund with the sale of their Dog Pound T-shirts. Great job guys!

PowerboatingCharities.com also raised a substainsial sum of money too. We auctioned off one of the posters from the race that was signed by all the winners. We got a total of $3,000. After a bidding war between Tony P., Kurt Berger, and Kevin Cache, the three gentlemen decided to pool their monies and give the poster and the cash to Doug Lewis for the Doug Lewis Bone Marrow Transplant Fund (started and run by Rich Luhrs, a.ka. Tx2 and Pat Patel).

FYI: BankBeaters.com were the last to sign the poster. Doug Kelly announced to the surrounding audience "You know who is going to get that" immediately before the auction (You gotta know Doug, and FOR SURE we could have doubled that sum had he been there). Doug, unfortunately, disappeared due to unforseen circumstances. I caught up with him a few hours later, but he was still rather distracted. Doug, YOU DA MAN! And, I'll catch up with you regarding my charity at the next race.

All my 200 photos from the weekend festivities will be online on Thursday. I'm working on it as we speak. All I will comment is there are sure to be more than a few surprises when these go up. It was a weekend not soon to be forgoten by those who were there.....

From the Ground of Heroes - WE SHALL NEVER FORGET!

My best regards,
Jennifer Quinn

Old 09-09-2002, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"tasteless" sums it up pretty well
Old 09-10-2002, 11:16 AM
tico

Hey sorry for the sticker offended some of you. We did not really think about it on the highway. We will try to take care of that for the road trips.