Notices

Salt water help

Old 10-27-2015, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
A lot of these million dollar go fast boats are all ran in salt water , you don't here these guy's *****ing about the salt , It's all in how you take care of it , just like Dean's motor
I drove 10 hours once to buy a lake boat that had more rust and pit then any of my salt water boats combined ," I turned around empty on that one " Most people don't understand that ALL water is corrosive fresh and salt , so the fresh water guy's don't spray and clean there motor's ect, properly because they think there safe from corrosion but there NOT , go look in person and have any boat you by surveyed and inspected
Lol, wtf we going to do...spray more water on it? The same fresh water you rinse your salt of with. That $hit is laughable. Year for year a saltwater boat will be worse in condition. There is no arguing that...just look at the prices

Last edited by JRider; 10-27-2015 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
Lol, wtf we going to do...spray more water on it? The same fresh water you rinse your salt of with. That $hit is laughable. Year for year a saltwater boat will be worse in condition. There is no arguing that...just look at the prices
all I no is I went out of my way to buy a fresh water boat and it was worse the any of my boats put together , people that don't no talk **** , Look at all the 20 to 50 million dollar yatchs that are all salt water boats , you could eat of the engine room floors ,maintenance is the KEY
Old 10-27-2015, 05:13 PM
Registered

Again you have no clue what your talking about because you boat in fresh water , You just assume .
yes in salt water area's you can lightly spray engine bay with water let dry and then spray with CRC or w-d or any other type of product that reduces corrosion , Boesheild is a great product used on planes and marine applications
Old 10-27-2015, 05:18 PM
Registered

Oh please Mike, you are delusional. I don't know what I am talking about? Oh contrar. Ironically I am looking at a saltwater boat/s and they don't even compare. And don't even get me started on the trailers.

BTW...I only need to wash my bilge once a year and I do spray it down with WD right before I put it to bed for the evil winter.

Last edited by JRider; 10-27-2015 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:34 PM
Registered

Oh please Mike, you are delusional. I don't know what I am talking about? Oh contrar. Ironically I am looking at a saltwater boat/s and they don't even compare. And don't even get me started on the trailers.

BTW...I only need to wash my bilge once a year and I do spray it down with WD right before I put it to bed for the evil winter.
I guess your the man then , everyone one else no's nothing
Old 10-27-2015, 05:40 PM
Registered

"You're" "knows" proper grammer

And back to my original question, how do you totally desalt a boat? I'm talking interior and everything

Last edited by JRider; 10-27-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

"You're" "knows" proper grammer

And back to my original question, how do you totally desalt a boat? I'm talking interior and everything
Your grammar may be ok, but your spelling needs a polish. Grammar. Grammarghhhhhh

As for desalting- water is a universal solvent. Use lots, then wipe it down or oil/wax/grease to limit the effects of the other minerals in the water. Surfactants (soaps) help. Treat it similarly to how you'd clean a muzzleloader or AK-47 on surplus ammo (corrosive salts in powder). Soap, water, oil. Maybe a cleaner that is (very) mildly alkaline, too?

Last edited by Speedracer29; 10-27-2015 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:30 PM
Registered

Lol...autocorrect should have caught that ****. Touche

In my defense autocorrect did catch it, it is wrong in autocorrect. Even worse yet

Last edited by JRider; 10-27-2015 at 06:37 PM. Reason: autocorrect sucks
Old 10-27-2015, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 374 Posts

Think this topic has been beaten to death. Long story short maintenance is key regardless of where you boat fresh or salt for different reasons (salt corrosion, fresh rot). Leave it at that.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:17 PM
Registered

Lol...fresh rot? Water intrusion in wood causes rot. Sure freezing that $hit show does not help, but if you have water intrusion...who the hell wants the boat in the first place? Or is water intrusion ok in salt water?

Fresh water rot, Lmao.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.