Old 06-16-2015, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 573 Likes on 344 Posts

I liked the power ranger crew in the donzi lol
Old 06-16-2015, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mbobb
I agree, if you're only taking 4 total people out it looks like plenty of room and I like the side steps instead of having to step on the seats.....you may not lose that much room since you can use that as an armrest.
Are you referring to the armrest piece as a "side step" ?

I'm not sure I'd prefer peoples feet on my fiberglass vs stepping on a towel on the seat, or that it actually works as a side step because the second step a person would likely take is to the seat vs the floor because of the distance away.

I don't see how you don't automatically lose the room as its already removed from the seating area by virtue of its existence.

No gunwale storage and two drink holders for three passengers and a step in the way of getting to the cabin really kill the usability for me.
Are there drink holders or storage of some kind for the captain and co pilot? I cannot tell.

Totally respect the boats performance, but to me the boats usability seem limited.

UD
Old 06-16-2015, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Are you referring to the armrest piece as a "side step" ?

I'm not sure I'd prefer peoples feet on my fiberglass vs stepping on a towel on the seat, or that it actually works as a side step because the second step a person would likely take is to the seat vs the floor because of the distance away.

I don't see how you don't automatically lose the room as its already removed from the seating area by virtue of its existence.

No gunwale storage and two drink holders for three passengers and a step in the way of getting to the cabin really kill the usability for me.
Are there drink holders or storage of some kind for the captain and co pilot? I cannot tell.

Totally respect the boats performance, but to me the boats usability seem limited.

UD
To me it looks like it serves as a combo as a step and an armrest. It also looks like there is a smaller step under the step/armrest. I would much prefer people stepping on fiberglass over stepping on the seat, as stepping on the seat is hard on the stitching. Maybe not right away, but over time it can pull on the stitching.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
To me it looks like it serves as a combo as a step and an armrest. It also looks like there is a smaller step under the step/armrest. I would much prefer people stepping on fiberglass over stepping on the seat, as stepping on the seat is hard on the stitching. Maybe not right away, but over time it can pull on the stitching.
Good point on the stitching..I'm used to throwing a trifold thick towel down that I keep in the starboard gunwale to spread the weight and protect the seat.

I see the second step, and it "looks" like it has non skid on it where the armrest does not,(It looks that way It hard to tell ) smooth fiberglass has always been an a$$ busting experience for me as a foothold on boats. Im wondering if they really intended the armrest as a step why they chose no non skid - or maybe they prioritized it for one arm where the non skid may feel irritating.

If I owned that boat Id be paranoid about scratching up the armrest.

UD
Old 06-16-2015, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
I see the second step, and it "looks" like it has non skid on it where the armrest does not,(It looks that way It hard to tell ) smooth fiberglass has always been an a$$ busting experience for me as a foothold on boats.
UD
Just don't wax it!

Superboats are definitely very "spartan". Which is one of the reasons I like them.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

The armrest does also function as a step. I had non-skid pads on there but took them off. Much to my displeasure, most passengers just step on the seat. So what? Do boat interiors last forever anyway?
If you notice the grab rail there, the ergonomics are quite nice, not that I sit back there.

As far as the cabin door / step. It works great. A lot of other boats are down right dangerous to get on the bow. Step on seat, step on dash, then over, hoping nothing breaks.

Curious if some people have actually ever seen one of these boats up close. The boat works for me, that's who I bought it for.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:50 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...62&oe=562AB2CB
Old 06-16-2015, 04:53 PM
BUP
Banned

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3e&oe=55F23E55
Old 06-16-2015, 04:55 PM
BUP
Banned

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...72&oe=55F81CE3
Old 06-16-2015, 04:58 PM
BUP
Banned

These are all from the Poker runs Germany

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...48&oe=56343372

And the unknown grey boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.