Notices

33 Powerplay / -2 lowers

Old 06-22-2015, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm running 30s right now, just thought a new pair reworked from scratch for that setup would be better than what I have
Old 06-22-2015, 09:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To start, my suggestion is to install your -2 lowers and test with your existing B1 30P. Brett very likely can tune your existing props to put you spot on your targeted RPM. Originally we were running about 90 MPH with 25P Mirage @ 5" below the bottom and ended at 103 MPH with Bravo 1 28P @ 2" BTB. In our boat, both the Mercury and Herring 5-Blade props had too much transom lift and the boat was very light/loose with only +1 MPH with the Herrings and no additional speed with the Merc 5-blades. If you had all the test props, the Livingston channel would be a great place to test.

Last edited by BenPerfected; 06-22-2015 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:19 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you notice your props coming out of the water a lot more with the shorter units? I don't really want to have to put on drive guardians this year although I probably will next year.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ajfisher
Do you notice your props coming out of the water a lot more with the shorter units? I don't really want to have to put on drive guardians this year although I probably will next year.
Absolutely, it is a all a trade off. This is a big project and the final cost can easily exceed whatever you budget. Also, more speed won't likely add much resale value to your boat.