Notices

Formula sr1 construction?

Old 06-22-2015, 08:13 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Formula sr1 construction?

So ive been looking at a 96 formula sr1 271. Very clean. Just wondering what the old sr1 boats were constructed with? Id imagine there wood construction, wondering if there's anything known to rot over the years or if there worry free.? What should I be looking for. Same with the late 80s ss ls sr1 as well?
Old 06-22-2015, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Motormanmatt
So ive been looking at a 96 formula sr1 271. Very clean. Just wondering what the old sr1 boats were constructed with? Id imagine there wood construction, wondering if there's anything known to rot over the years or if there worry free.? What should I be looking for. Same with the late 80s ss ls sr1 as well?

Like any old boat transoms need to be checked, there built very well but lets be honest after 20 yrs of slapping around something could have come loose, if there is a trouble spot check the step area, I had a 271 and it was a great boat, no speed demon but safe and solid as heck, I'd own one again, for the minimal amount of money try and find a 98/99 fastech thou, but u can't find one the SR1 is a great model, figure 2/3 mph or so for the same hp
Old 06-23-2015, 05:44 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 88242LS
Like any old boat transoms need to be checked, there built very well but lets be honest after 20 yrs of slapping around something could have come loose, if there is a trouble spot check the step area, I had a 271 and it was a great boat, no speed demon but safe and solid as heck, I'd own one again, for the minimal amount of money try and find a 98/99 fastech thou, but u can't find one the SR1 is a great model, figure 2/3 mph or so for the same hp
Sounds good. This is mint and has a merc blue hp500 in it, so that caught my eye. Only 300hrs
Old 06-23-2015, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's would be a nice setup with a blue motor,