Notices

SBI 2015 Geico vs CMS

Old 07-09-2015, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marine concepts
Marine Concepts / Performance Boat Center / Speed Racer is running stronger than it ever has in the past. Here is the truth. All the guys at Performance Boat Center kicked ass and re-rigged the boat in 2 weeks, which is like unheard of, but they did it. We showed up at the lake race with only 10 minutes to spare before qualifying. We went right from the shop to the crane with no test time. Myrick Coil is new with me this year, and has never throttled a race before, and it was our first time in the boat together, which in itself is a big handicap not having seat time together. Anyway I believe Johnny T and Jeff Harris in CMS quailed with a time of 2:04, then Randy S and Bob B went out in the 52 CMS and got 2:05, we just showed up and made a lap of 2:06. Now we were 1 second from Randy S and 2 from Johnny T. These 2 guys are the best throttleman in the world with lots of seat time with there drivers and the boats. For my and Myricks first time out in a untested boat with no seat time to be only 1 second off, I'm not ashamed of that because we will only get faster with more time together. Myrick did a fantastic job on the sticks, I could have done better in my turns. As far as power, we were right beside them and we hit the rev limiters about half way down the straits, 4 laps of that and the blower belt couldn't take it any more, the blower belt also took out the oil pump belt, even though we shut it down quickly, it apparently wasn't fast enough because we lost a bearing and ended up breaking the crank the day before we were to leave for Marathon. The motor is at Mark Boos getting fixed and we got bigger props to keep it off the limiters, so the boat is even faster now. As long as the water isn't too rough I think we have a shot.

Thanks to everyone for your support and will see ya at the races!
Great recap. Thanks!
Old 07-10-2015, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marine concepts
Marine Concepts / Performance Boat Center / Speed Racer is running stronger than it ever has in the past. Here is the truth. All the guys at Performance Boat Center kicked ass and re-rigged the boat in 2 weeks, which is like unheard of, but they did it. We showed up at the lake race with only 10 minutes to spare before qualifying. We went right from the shop to the crane with no test time. Myrick Coil is new with me this year, and has never throttled a race before, and it was our first time in the boat together, which in itself is a big handicap not having seat time together. Anyway I believe Johnny T and Jeff Harris in CMS quailed with a time of 2:04, then Randy S and Bob B went out in the 52 CMS and got 2:05, we just showed up and made a lap of 2:06. Now we were 1 second from Randy S and 2 from Johnny T. These 2 guys are the best throttleman in the world with lots of seat time with there drivers and the boats. For my and Myricks first time out in a untested boat with no seat time to be only 1 second off, I'm not ashamed of that because we will only get faster with more time together. Myrick did a fantastic job on the sticks, I could have done better in my turns. As far as power, we were right beside them and we hit the rev limiters about half way down the straits, 4 laps of that and the blower belt couldn't take it any more, the blower belt also took out the oil pump belt, even though we shut it down quickly, it apparently wasn't fast enough because we lost a bearing and ended up breaking the crank the day before we were to leave for Marathon. The motor is at Mark Boos getting fixed and we got bigger props to keep it off the limiters, so the boat is even faster now. As long as the water isn't too rough I think we have a shot.

Thanks to everyone for your support and will see ya at the races!
Hopefully we'll see you in MC good luck.