what do you guys think about this renegade 33 >

what do you guys think about this renegade 33

Notices

what do you guys think about this renegade 33

Old 08-25-2016, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Ing
Love the new 33 but I've always been a fan of the inverted radar arch as opposed to the T-Top but that's just personal preference since I don't fish off my 31. I'm playing the lotto to get me a 33 with trip 400's and a Poker Run layout. lol

I sea trialed a 29 Sunsation CCX in Michigan before purchasing my 31 Renegade and have nothing bad to say about the company or their boats except they still use wood in the construction. I'm sorry but I'm not laying out my hard earned $ for a boat with wood in it.

I bought my Renegade out of Lake St Clair one year used after visiting Renegade and getting a personal tour on short notice. I'm not the original owner but the folks at Renegade immediately took me in and have provided support as if I was the original owner. I'm proud to say I'm an owner and member of the Renegade family. If I have a question about anything I have the owners cell phone and can speak directly to the man who built my boat. On a few occasions I've asked for a few little rigging parts most recently a screw head cover. They sent me about a dozen covers and screws just in case, at their expense, free of charge no questions asked. If you email them, you actually get a timely reply. I would not hesitate to purchase another Renegade not just because of the support but because they build one hell of a solid boat. My Renegade gets the looks at every marina I pull into.

Run with a Renegade and you run in class by itself.
I recall in a thread where someone from Sunsation posted about 20 times in one paragraph that they do not use any wood in the construction of their boats.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ing
Love the new 33 but I've always been a fan of the inverted radar arch as opposed to the T-Top but that's just personal preference since I don't fish off my 31. I'm playing the lotto to get me a 33 with trip 400's and a Poker Run layout. lol

I sea trialed a 29 Sunsation CCX in Michigan before purchasing my 31 Renegade and have nothing bad to say about the company or their boats except they still use wood in the construction. I'm sorry but I'm not laying out my hard earned $ for a boat with wood in it.

I bought my Renegade out of Lake St Clair one year used after visiting Renegade and getting a personal tour on short notice. I'm not the original owner but the folks at Renegade immediately took me in and have provided support as if I was the original owner. I'm proud to say I'm an owner and member of the Renegade family. If I have a question about anything I have the owners cell phone and can speak directly to the man who built my boat. On a few occasions I've asked for a few little rigging parts most recently a screw head cover. They sent me about a dozen covers and screws just in case, at their expense, free of charge no questions asked. If you email them, you actually get a timely reply. I would not hesitate to purchase another Renegade not just because of the support but because they build one hell of a solid boat. My Renegade gets the looks at every marina I pull into.

Run with a Renegade and you run in class by itself.
Know your boat well. The previous owner went for a ride in my 32 and that is what sold them on the 31. Also the bang for the buck. Have friends in Florida that are on their 3rd and 5th Renegade 32's. In my opinion for the money there is not a better 32 on the Market. Renegade will do just about anything the customer wants. Manny the young owner is very into the BLING!!!
Old 08-25-2016, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

What would a 32' or a 33' run with twin 350"s and will you have any at the Miami show?
Old 08-25-2016, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

My Dad has a 33' Renegade with twin 300 Verados (100 hours) mostly freshwater for sale. It's loaded with a T-top and extended warranty
Old 08-25-2016, 07:54 PM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
I recall in a thread where someone from Sunsation posted about 20 times in one paragraph that they do not use any wood in the construction of their boats.
Whoever was posting that info better check out their website since Sunsation does not articulate what materials are in any of their boats, I can only pass on what Joe Schaldenbrand told me at the launch in Algonac. Yes he personally showed up to make sure a potential customer got the red carpet treatment from Unriehl who was brokering the 29CCX I was looking at. Joe was a total professional and a really cool person to chat with. He told me they use wood in the build just like all their boats have been built using their tried and true method. I thought the 29 was an outstanding handling boat in the lake slop and nicely rigged. BTW they have some kick ass tow rigs.

Go with a Renegade and there's no question what materials are used and you will also standout in a sea of vanilla boats, that's a guarantee.
Attached Thumbnails what do you guys think about this renegade 33-dsc01968.jpg   what do you guys think about this renegade 33-img_1192.jpg  

Last edited by Ing; 08-25-2016 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Ing
Whoever was posting that info better check out their website since Sunsation does not articulate what materials are in any of their boats, I can only pass on what Joe Schaldenbrand told me at the launch in Algonac. Yes he personally showed up to make sure a potential customer got the red carpet treatment from Unriehl who was brokering the 29CCX I was looking at. Joe was a total professional and a really cool person to chat with. He told me they use wood in the build just like all their boats have been built using their tried and true method. I thought the 29 was an outstanding handling boat in the lake slop and nicely rigged. BTW they have some kick ass tow rigs.

Go with a Renegade and there's no question what materials are used and you will also standout in a sea of vanilla boats, that's a guarantee.
Originally Posted by chris_dobz
Ing, it's a great boat and honestly really starting to have second thoughts about selling it but I've got to correct you in your comment above and let you and everyone else know that all of the Sunsation CCX's (29, 32 and 34) are 100% WOOD-FREE construction throughout.

I know this for a fact as it was the biggest reason in my not purchasing a 2007 Fountain Center Console for a similar price as my 29 CCX. I must of asked every single person at Sunsation when I went to the factory prior to my purchase regarding the "wood free" construction that Jeff had assured was the case. I can say for a fact that the 29 CCX was always 100% wood free from the day it was introduced. They did continue to use wood in their offshore racer models (288, 32, 36) for the 2 year production overlap of the CCX but the CCX versions were always made with foam core stringers, transom and decking.

Wayne's comment "we could use wood but the center console market won't allow it. No one would buy a center console with any wood in it's construction these day's".

Cheers,
Chris

Originally Posted by chris_dobz
So I called Jeff Riehl and Joe at Sunsation as a sanity check on it's wood free construction and they re-confirmed that my 29CCX along with every other CCX in existence across the entire line is and always constructed using high density marine grade foam throughout. Everything from the stringers, transom, decking and hull is 100% WOOD FREE.

The high density marine grade foam is actually lighter than wood and twice as stiff. It really is impressive material and at first glance it looks like wood (when touched feels harder/more dense) but make no mistake about it is in fact 20lb pcf density marine grade foam. They have it all over their shop so I would encourage you to see for yourselves.

For anyone reading this that is looking at or considering a 29CCX, 32CCX or 34CCX that they will never rot or delaminate as there is not a single piece of wood to be found anywhere.

As a final fact to drive home and squash any misinformation floating out there....I had Jeff and Joe throw in a lifetime warranty on my hull, transom and overall construction and 5 year engine warranty as part of my purchase agreement. It's amazing what you can get if you just ask

Cheers,
Chris

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-29-ccx-3.html
Old 08-26-2016, 06:14 AM
Registered

Why do all the comparison's and opinions have to turn into a PISS WAR? Many reasons why a builder use's the materials they use. Yes if you are going to buy a new boat and keep it for 100 years then by one with Man made materials. If your budget and personnel desire's for a particular boat use's wood and you do enough research on used or new boat don't let it scare you off. CHRIS CRAFTS RULE
Old 08-26-2016, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just visited with Manny at the factory about a few details, ours is about 3 weeks out! Just back from paint, and they are back on it. Upholstery will be done in ten days, wiring has begun, can't wait!
Old 08-26-2016, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice boats with a lot of bling , twin 400's would be nice

mike
Old 08-27-2016, 07:00 AM
Registered

Have friend that had 32 with 400's. He now has a new 32 under construction and is going with 350's. The 400's were not a good value for the increased performance gains, along with always trying to find premium gas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.