If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Obviously ITS pricing depends on the MFG. If they are not willing to give a credit based on their previous external steering package it is not a good deal. I spoke with a freind of mine who works at Profile, and he stated they just had a 33 tested for Powerboat last week with the ITS. They raised the X 1.5" over their previous Bravo installations for this boat. He didn't give me the top speed numbers, but stated Bob Teague remarked it hit 80 in 15 seconds and was impressed. I do not know if this boat has 500's or 525's. He also told me a 525 w/ the ITS is $36,000 ea. their cost for whatever its worth.

My Boats:
    Edison NJ USA
    We will all find out next year when ist leagal for factory boats in APBA! I have never heard of merc building something less comprable then what they are eliminating.The 500 EFI is going by-by and it needs to be replaced.I'm sure its a kick ass motor but has a price that will kick your ass.

I hate the winter!! Platinum Member Vinny P's Avatar
    My Boats:
    99 checkmate 259
    long island, new york
    What about the new 8.1 from Mercury Racing??? Every time I see a race on T.V. they give that motor alot of air time, I never hear them talk about the the 525's. Mercury hasn't even listed the 8.1 on their website yet. Which will be the power of choice in Factory Racing next year? Either way, there will be alot of used HP500EFI's floating around for sale..

My Boats:
    33' Powerplay triple 2.5's
    Lake St. Clair
    My question is how do you get 11,000 and 12,000 pound boats out of a hull that weighs 8,500 pounds. I may be ignorant but all the accessories in the world would not add up too 11,000 lbs. just my .02

My Boats:
    36 skater
    Mercury says the HP3 is a Chevrolet product and at present they (merc) have no plans to offer it in the future. I think they make too much on their in house HP motors to consider a lower priced GM assembled package !!!!

What is this weight thing? Are we saying some manufacturing companys overstate their boat weights? Has anyone found examples?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12