Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone else have this problem with F-350? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/33193-anyone-else-have-problem-f-350-a.html)

Cignificant 09-18-2002 07:46 AM

2002 PSD 4x4 Duallie - I've had no problems at all (35' Cigarette)

wannabe 09-18-2002 07:52 AM

Sounds like an engine issue

Definitely take to the dealer if it's under warranty, only an 02'. Could be bad fuel, injector pump, or a bad air flow sensor.

Wannabe

audacity 09-18-2002 07:52 AM

was the truck in manual low or auto low??? the low reverse clutch is on in man low...only the one way cluth is on in auto low...hummm there are a lot of details i guess we need still...:rolleyes:

find it hard to think you were stalling the converter???

Audiofn 09-18-2002 07:58 AM

I agree with Audacity. All the problems that I have had seem to come from the TQ NOT locking up.

Did you have the 4 wheel drive engaged properly with the hubs locked? That is my bet as when you backed up a bit the problem fixed itself. Not sure what the problem of bogging in reverse could be.

Jon

audacity 09-18-2002 08:19 AM

yes...you may have not been in 4x4 low....thus the converter was stalled due to lack of power or gear ratio, how ever you want to look at it....yes this would have caused serious forces on your internals...more if ya had it in the auto pdl position...always use the manual pld position....but hey what do i know right???....would like to know what ya find to see if we have seen an issue here of that nature!

Dean Ferry 09-18-2002 09:21 AM

No I don't have that problem, BUT I noticed this weekend that my 95 PSD F-350 (Which mainly just sits in the driveway) and I notice a puddle of tranny fluid on the driveway!? I got on my creeper and crawled under and found that it looks like it's leaking around the pan gasket? Most of the tranny pan bolts heads had ATF fluid on them?
Joe, what do you think?
I'm going to get under it this weekend and make sure that all the pan bolts are tight. I just never drive this truck, and I can't figure out how a leak could just show up?
Just whining,
MD:D

audacity 09-18-2002 09:30 AM

don't tell me you changed the fluid???

283CHECK 09-18-2002 09:41 AM

I had the same thing happen to me 2003 psd F-350 this I belive is the same motor you have in your 02? 525ft lbs? I guess more or less they bumped the programming up(Joe??). Anyhow was pulling Funhomes boat out for him half way up the ramp she dies. Get it started and limp off the ramp unhook the trailer and it barely gets out of it's own way. Shut it down and walk away in disgust!! BTW it had 323 miles on it at this point. Next day seemed to run fine but didn't want to chance it so had ford come and get it. Turned out to be the high pressure oil pump went bad and shut the injection system down.. Now that it is fixed no problems, but I do notice every once in awhile it bogs down while backing service tech said it is a characteristic of the added power???

Dean Ferry 09-18-2002 09:48 AM

Joe,
I changed the fluid, (Don't yell @ me!:D ) back in 1997, where they pump out the old ATF and pump in the new ATF, without dropping the pan. It has never leaked until now? I'm hoping that the bolts just need to be snugged up a bit. I'm going to be careful and not over torque them because of the Cork gasket.
Joe, any other ideas, and thanks for your input!
MD
BTW, Congrats on your Donzi deal, and best of luck to you this year with the Scarab and next year with the Donzi, that's one BAD ASS ride!
MD

audacity 09-18-2002 09:51 AM

just b-careful with the gasket...don't wana have to drop the pan and replace any fluid