Notices

Inlet Captain of the Year

Old 01-01-2016, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Looked like 2-3' swells and a 17' boat with a clueless driver. Might be some interesting currents in that inlet but someone with knowledge of Haulover could give better input.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 4,323 Likes on 1,241 Posts
Thumbs up

I don`t see what the problem is.. that looks like a blast ! Usually the water before you get out to the lake is bad but it may be calm once you get out there so whats the problem ? The passengers got wet? Yeah that`s horrible, getting wet on a boat, someone lock that dude up!!
Old 01-01-2016, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
Looked like 2-3' swells and a 17' boat with a clueless driver. Might be some interesting currents in that inlet but someone with knowledge of Haulover could give better input.
I have been thru there a couple times, you have the incoming swell, tidal change/surge and other boat wakes. Its just a guy in a bayliner pretending he is Hulk hogan in Thunder in Paradise trying to run it like one of those cigar boats. He is gonna run it like that untill it takes a couple hits and the floor sounds like its gonna blow out and his monthly payment is going to sink. Then he will back off the throttle until he is drunk.