Old 12-31-2015, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That guys needs to get punched in the face for being such an ass
Old 12-31-2015, 08:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If he keeps that up he will get punched in the face with a TON of water.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

il bet the guy in the cruiser had a good laugh!
Old 12-31-2015, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Kinda reminded me of what it was like launching a boat off the beach into the Indian Ocean. Although the waves were much larger.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

real close to making it a submarine with their passengers washing up on the rocks
Old 01-01-2016, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 370ss500efi
This guy has the new hands free inlet navigator app
http://youtu.be/9GQVXIXuwMo
this guy is a a-hole
Old 01-01-2016, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

A. Maybe the big girls up front needed a rinse?
B. Maybe Captain Splash was saving room in the rear of the boat for "offshore packages" he was retrieving?
C. Maybe he needed to rinse the interior of the boat?
D. Insurance job? Flood the boat, capsize and collect?

Regardless of the mission, that boat had to have 6 inches of water in it after those dunkings
Old 01-01-2016, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

Ok I have some serious questions

I don't have a lot of experience on Lake Michigan and what this guy did scares the snot out of me!
Here are my questions:

1. What would you estimate the height of the waves that this guy is going thru-- I'm really serious -I'm estimating at 3-5'???
2. What size boat would you estimate
3. If this was in a "channel" - isn't that a no-wake zone ?

I agree who may have said this guy is a jerk - and he came very close in playing submarine-- I can't believe how much water came in the boat that it's bilge pump could have compensated.

Thanks for your reply(s)

3pointstar
Old 01-01-2016, 08:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,119 Likes on 469 Posts

I'll probably get belted for this but anyway, here goes.......

He only made two mistakes. People in the front of a bow rider in rough water is madness, if they were in the rear cockpit, he could have had a bit of bow lift and I doubt any water would have come in. His other mistake was trying to 'surf' the waves while coming in, very dangerous and you will get pushed sideways then capsized.

Rectifying these two things, I've been through worse, stayed dry and safe. Ok, flame me now......!

Quick point of law (not really related to this idiot) that I believe was international maritime law 25 years ago, I'd be interested to hear if it's still current, anyone know for sure......?

'You can enter a channel or waterway anywhere in the world at any speed you like if the captain believes it is necessary for the safety of those onboard the vessel.'

I entered a channel, very similar to the one in the video, 25 years ago and it was a lot rougher than that. I knew the channel well and the sandbar that builds at the mouth. I was in a 34' sports boat with twin stern drives and was sure if we'd have crossed the bar at displacement speed, the stern would have sunk into a trough and the legs would have grounded heavily. We came in on the plane at 30 mph.

Once inside, the water police stopped me and had a real good go at me and wanted to write me up for numerous offenses. I challenged them and said "go ahead, I'll fight in court, the safety of my vessel and passengers was my primary concern, under the circumstances, I can chose to do whatever I feel is necessary". After a few strong words, one officer called his senior back at HQ and spoke for a minute or two then came to me and said "On your way sir and safe boating". As we drove away up the river, I could see the disappointment on the faces of the other two cops on the scene.

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 01-01-2016 at 08:31 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.