Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   A Whole Judicial Conspiricy!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/33387-whole-judicial-conspiricy.html)

Waterfoul 09-23-2002 10:08 PM

huh...huh....huh.....he said "load" huh......huh......huh.....huh....

KAAMA 09-23-2002 10:42 PM

Look, I'm not here to bash the police, and I know they put they lives on the line everyday. But that doesn't give them the excuse to do act the way some of them do! I think there's plenty enough of other things for the police to do other than always looking for minor stuff and harrassing people for it. For the most part, boaters are well meaning, law abiding citizens---they're not out looking for malice and trouble. Some people are drinking and are an accident waiting to happen. Some people have little kids without life preservers and are dangling over the sides ready to fall in. Some people cut others off and some people just plain do not deserve to own a boat! I guess I don't like it that some (not all) police are just looking for some of the most miniscule stuff! How far do they REALLY have to go? Let's just keep writing law after law after law after law until finally we are ALL outlaws! Where's it going to end? Some of it is really getting rediculas, and very intrusive with a lot of this stuff!

You know, even some cruiser boats with the diesels are loud if you get close enough to them. Let's face it, when people go to the lake I would think that they should expect some noise with water craft and such---I sure do! Heck, even jet ski's are loud buzzin' all around the beach and they're EVERYWHERE---that kind of noise can drive a person nuts too!

If the person has a loud boat and is always rappin' on the engines in the harbor and being a jerk then yes, write the guy a ticket! But if he's just idling in/out and running on one engine and just being cool with his boat---leave the guy ALONE! That's where the LETTER of the law and the SPIRIT of the law does it's justice!

There's always going to be some noise around the water ways.

Vern, Troutly, Maxx and any other officer here, thanks for you public service---I know it's not easy. :)

MIdnightRider 09-23-2002 10:46 PM

AMEN, BROTHER!!!!:cool: :cool: MIdnight

Bulldog 09-23-2002 11:37 PM

Midnight- Are there general noise ordinances in/on that body of water??? if not then put the silencers in, and get a 100000000 watt boom box. You could then treat everyone to one of the following:

A) 80 something Db exhaust amplified to about 300 Db, or

B) The Time-Life Tupac collection

I was once ticketed for parking in a no parking zone- I guess the arrow on the sign pointed AWAY from where I was parked to indicate that the zone extended all the way around the F+C%n world to where my car was. I had a witness to the whole event, took pictures etc., and then the a-hole never showed up for court.

Harrassment, plain and simple.

KAAMA 09-24-2002 08:20 AM

BTW Midnight, I have 2-pair (4) Gaffrig mufflers with an air pump for $1400. They are the Super-Flo (top of the line that Gaffrig makes) and are designed for the 4.5" tail pipe exhausts. I have seen your boat, but I am not sure how they'd fit because they do bell out a little. Give me a call if you want to check them out.

Mark/KAAMA cell: 291-7932

Allan4 09-24-2002 11:45 AM

KAAMA, very well said.

Gary864 09-24-2002 11:58 AM

one final word?

I would like to add my .02$ worth. I too a few (5) years ago got a Noise ticket in my canal. It was 1 in the afternoon on a Friday. I was stopped by the Lt. and Sgt (now retired) of St. Clair County. I also was Idleing on 1 motor. They wrote me for "No Mufflers". I know for a fact that I was under the 90 db with one motor (barely) and was WAY over on 2. I took the ticket and Paid it, even though I had the boat sold. Why, because I was over the db level and the law is test with all motors running. The reason they issued the ticket was neighbors complained about my boat and a few others that are loud. The guys were VERY professional and even had a discussion about the trick things on the boat (2 blower motors painted to match the boat for 1). I could have bet this ticket but didn't. How do I know I could have beat it? I am now one of those "PIGS" and it was a boat that I raced and just got it back from the Factory, If I would have told them it was a R&D boat then it voids some of these issues. Bottom line is I took my punishment ($75) and got on with my life.;)

MIdnightRider 09-24-2002 02:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Kaama had it right. Here is the busiest day in Grand Haven of the year, prime time 7pm. There are drunk people running around everywhere, I was passed in Spring Lake, a nowake zone for 26'+ boats by at least 6 boats over 30'. I'm trying to behave, trying to stay as quiet as I can, not three sheets to the wind, and I get pinched. They could have been out dragging drunks off the water instead of wasting their time fighting with me over technicalities.

Kamma- I might be interested in the mufflers. I'm a little worried about getting mufflers to fit in the center. Check out the picture. It is a little tough to see, but the center motor, and insides of the port and star are all right together (4 pipes, bam, bam, bam,bam). Midnight:cool:

HyperBaja 09-24-2002 02:59 PM

ok here is what you do:
-Corsa Q&Q
-put in a dope stereo system
-get the Bone Thugs CD with the song- F**k tha Police
-Blast the system when you go by the cops
-Other Boaters will give funny looks but remember this is a war you are battling in!

Turbojack 09-24-2002 06:02 PM

As long as this thread is I am suprised this has not been said before.

Midnight- The good part is You have now taught the police officer how to do the test correctly. On the down side the officer has learned if he does it right or wrong he still wins in court.

Next time take a video camera with you, & there will be a next time!