Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
SBI Going Pay-Per-View With Online Streaming Race Coverage This Season >

SBI Going Pay-Per-View With Online Streaming Race Coverage This Season

Notices

SBI Going Pay-Per-View With Online Streaming Race Coverage This Season

Old 02-20-2016, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I guess I will only be watching onr race this year and that is the mentor race here in ohio because we will be taking the boat up there to watch it from the water.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I won't be paying. I can watch nascar, Indy, f1, Tudor series, Pirelli challenge, nhra, drag boats, and on occasion I even find tunnel boat racing.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 24 Likes on 5 Posts

Another great idea by the constant failure in Florida, carbonell. There must be something in the water down there.........
Old 02-20-2016, 09:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They would probably do better by starting one of those "go fund me " thingies.

Yawn...
Old 02-21-2016, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dumbest move ever by SBI. This hobby/sport is already struggling for fan retention, and now you're screwing the casual fan by charging fees? That's great, pay 50 bucks to see two ul class boats for 3 laps until one dies, and the other cruises slower than a jet ski to the win.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Terribly bad streaming last two at the worlds
Old 02-22-2016, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by foxbat
Dumbest move ever by SBI. This hobby/sport is already struggling for fan retention, and now you're screwing the casual fan by charging fees? ...
Exactly, to me the main thing the SBI LiveStreams were for(or should be) is to get people excited to possibly come and see the races in person. By charging to watch these typically amateurish and often glitchy video feeds is certainly going to cause a lot of potential future enthusiasts to spend their time elsewhere.

BTW, don't blame this silliness on Florida, come on down, the waters are just fine. :-).

Cheers,

Dave
Old 02-22-2016, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A sport that is struggling top draw audiences is going PPV? Good Luck with that SBI.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I've watched both races on NBC Sports the last two weeks and SBI should be embarrassed. They talked about 7 classes and you only see the top 3. You cannot tell me there was no good racing in SV light and Stock. P3 and P4 barely got talked about.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Yes we all would like a state of the art muli angle shoots with great announcers. And yes I think its crazy to charge to watch it but I also remember not to long ago that there was no way to even know about what happened at a race till days later and that was second hand info at best. I will pay to watch if that is what it takes to get live coverage. I happen to be very passionate about racing. Some how these shows need to be paid for. I agree the average fan will not pay but most passionate fans don't mind spending a couple bucks to watch what they like. Are we really complaining about a $5.99 cost ?

Last edited by TYPHOON; 02-23-2016 at 09:18 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.