Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best LOTO Shootout Hotel/Resort with 50' slips??? >

Best LOTO Shootout Hotel/Resort with 50' slips???

Notices

Best LOTO Shootout Hotel/Resort with 50' slips???

Old 03-16-2016, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
Camden on the Lake.....SuperCat Fest.
Booked up and a waiting list.....I have been on the wait since Nov
Old 03-16-2016, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

We were told to book at the landings if our waiting spot for Camden doesn't come through. Heard good things about there.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Camden on the lake seems like the most happening hotel/marina. After that what is the next best spot in terms of being busy and having a hotel/bar/marina in one. The problem with a house/condo is that you are really isolated. At least at a hotel you can stroll down to the hotel bar and socialize while you're waiting for other people in the group to get ready etc...
Old 03-16-2016, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you stay at 4 seasons, pay attention to how you navigate around there at night. I hear there are rocks there that will bite your lower unit(s) if you're not on point while bringing bar skanks back to their lodging at 4 am.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
Camden on the lake seems like the most happening hotel/marina. After that what is the next best spot in terms of being busy and having a hotel/bar/marina in one. The problem with a house/condo is that you are really isolated. At least at a hotel you can stroll down to the hotel bar and socialize while you're waiting for other people in the group to get ready etc...
Someone already mentioned checking with Performance Boat Center...it's ALWAYS hopping there, it seems....especially during shootout week. They have lodging for rent.

My crew always stays at Robins Resort. Nothing fancy, but an awesome location, and decent covered slips. I don't know if they could accommodate a 50' cat though. Their biggest slips are listed as 16'x40', but maybe they'd work with you. It's a nice easy idle back home after the killer party that Wild hosts at Dog Days on the Friday of Shootout.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:37 PM
Registered

Booked a place at Tan Tara, what is the closest marina to there with a travel lift that can put the boat in and pull it?

Last edited by 302Sport; 03-16-2016 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
Booked a place at Tan Tara, what is the closest marina to there with a travel lift that can put the boat in and pull it?
My guess is Formula Boats of MO if you won't dunk your trailer in fresh water. If you'd dunk the trailer I'd say no question PBC, if they can do it. Shootout week is one of if not their busiest week of the year. Enjoy lake of the ozarks. Great place for boating, especially shoot out week.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:31 PM
Registered

Four Seasons said they could handle it for $12 a foot, but I'd like to find somewhere closer. I'll check out Formula. Thank you.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:47 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

There is really nothing going on at any of the Hotel/Resorts except for at Camden on the Lake. Chances are you will have to drive to where the boat is docked from where your room is at Tan Tara or Four Seasons. Everything going on happens at the waterfront bars and restaurants.

IMO, you would be best off to rent a condo and slip at Lands End and have Formula Boats put the boat in the water.
They are about a mile from each other by land and water.

Lands End are some of the nicest condos on the lake with one of the best views. It is right in the middle of the action and across the lake from Dog Days.
By water, Lands End is about 12-13 miles to Camden or the Shootout, across the Lake from Dog Days and 2 miles from PBC/Redhead YC.

Last edited by Griff; 03-16-2016 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stayed at tan tar a last year for the shoot out. Never again. Parking and ramp was a nightmare. Everything is a country mile walk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.