Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
24' Pantera vs. 24' SuperBoat >

24' Pantera vs. 24' SuperBoat

Notices

24' Pantera vs. 24' SuperBoat

Old 10-12-2002, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, you go to New Jersey, where the real water is, and where the real hypodermic needles wash up, and where Jon Bon Jovi lives, yeah. Take That!
Old 10-12-2002, 10:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Pantera vs Superboat

Hi everyone,

A little message to Wayne: You still run your Promax 300? Iam also curious how the 300X can add 9 mph over the older 300. Iam myself buying a new 300X next spring, and if I can get 9 mph more I would faint!

I have a Phantom 25 feet offshore rig built in mid 80-ies. They still build their 23 feet version, which is running hard in the european offshore races. The Phantom 25 was a common hull in offshore races in the 80 and 90 ties, and it handle rough seas like a queen.

Top speed is 78 mph spinning a Tempest 26 at 6.100 rpms in the spring, and 76 mph at 6.000 rpms in the summer. The boat is a classic 24 degree hull with a 5,5 feet beam. It runs 60 mph at 4.500 rpms which is very effective, however, its bow heavy at wot. The total weight is approx. 2.500 pounds with engine and 1 person. I use 7,5 inch setback, CMC powerlift, and the prop is 2.25 inch below. Torquemaster lowerunit.

My point is that old constructions often run very vell despite "new" inventions such as nothed transoms, pads, stepped hulls, etc.

Good luck boating!

Cheers, Toffen G - Norway
Attached Thumbnails 24' Pantera vs. 24' SuperBoat-gunnufsen-phantom-1.jpg  
Old 10-12-2002, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Question 24 DEEP V

Being an owner of two Pantera 24s in the past I am a little one sided. But did see a JAWS 24 on a trailer one time with a 502 in it looked pretty nice any know how this boat handles if you put it up against a Pantera , Superboat . ?
Old 10-12-2002, 12:37 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Man you guys are all acting like children over hear!!!!! Last I checked this was a comparison of Pantera vs. Superboat. There is a reason for that and if you do not understand why then you should do your research and find out. You guys are all saying you have the bad ass boat of the year. I mean why don't I just toss Skater into the mix and you all can watch Shanes transom!!! In the rough stuff more often then not it is the driver NOT the boat. My 1979 30 foot Formula went past a 2001 38 foot Formula Twin step this year. Why, Simple I knew how to drive and the other guy did not.

Like Eddie I have raced in a 30 foot Superboat Tempest and I can tell you that after years the boat was still VERY solid. Sure there is no core on the side but a lot of boats are built that way. Different strokes for different folks.

Lets get back to the subject at hand and compare the two boats (PANTERA and SUPERBOAT) not all the others.

Jon

Jon
Old 10-12-2002, 01:20 PM
Don99

My 1979 30 foot Formula went past a 2001 38 foot Formula
WWWWWWOHA! Did either boat break 50mphs and the only thing washing up on the shore is guys getting thrown out of Activators.

Old 10-12-2002, 01:41 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You may think it only does 50 but it does go faster and it with style and class one of these days you may actually know what that is all about. If I want to go fast I have a number of other boats I can go in that will destroy speed wise any of the above boats that have been discused. Tell then you will bicker and put others and their product down to make you feel better about the things you own. Great. Still goes with out saying that the issue is Superboat Vs Pantera, NOT all the others. I hate it when people can not stay on topic. None of these other boats should have been mentioned as it is off the topic at hand. If you want to start a thread about your boats then that is fine but that is now why this thread was started.

Jon
Old 10-12-2002, 03:42 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I can't speak for the 24, but my 30 is through bolted, glassed and has balsa core in the bottom and foam core in the deck, It is 29'10" long and weighs 4650 rigged and runs 79, 80.5 down hill.

Eddie Simmons
Superboatus.com
Old 10-12-2002, 04:03 PM
Registered

Audiofn

Well why dont you take your own advice and stop talking about your Formula. And what does a catamaran like Skater have to do with it? I think you made yourself feel better by saying your boat could beat the pants off any of the others mentioned in this thread.
Old 10-12-2002, 04:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Pantera vs Superboat

Nuff Said
Old 10-12-2002, 04:32 PM

All three boats are nice boats, The Superboat and Progression has a lot more Freeboard and is better in rough water then the Pantera. I own a 26 Donzi so I am speaking from a neutral corner. Running in a lot of Poker Runs with my 80mph 22ZX then in my new boat that needs a Supecharger has made me watch other hulls run! There are other boats in the 24=25 range (My advice is.. If your are going to buy one? Run one in rough water. Not on a lake or calm bay.

Quick Reply: 24' Pantera vs. 24' SuperBoat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.