Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
24' Pantera vs. 24' SuperBoat >

24' Pantera vs. 24' SuperBoat

Notices

24' Pantera vs. 24' SuperBoat

Old 06-14-2011, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the deadrise on the progression 24? Are we talking apple's x3 or apple's apple's oranges? I'm going to be getting a sb or Pantera Hull to put all my junk into this fall. I love both mfg ' s and would be happy either way. But I slightly favor a Pantera. Just for subtle little differences.
I think it's all personal preference.
Whatever is available and affordable at the time will be my " better 24x7"
Old 06-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 183 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab63
What's the deadrise on the progression 24? Are we talking apple's x3 or apple's apple's oranges? I'm going to be getting a sb or Pantera Hull to put all my junk into this fall. I love both mfg ' s and would be happy either way. But I slightly favor a Pantera. Just for subtle little differences.
Progression uses a variable deadrise. Between the pad & the first set of lifting strakes is 24 degrees. From there to the next set is 23 degrees and from there to the outside chine is 22 degrees.

BTW: Laster (Charter Member here) has a 24' Progression with a Whipple charged 502. He's running 95 on GPS. And I should note that all of the boats mentioned in this post are rock solid, fast and capable of running hellacious water. I think it comes down to personal preferance and driving ability.

Last edited by Too Stroked; 06-14-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 253 Likes on 114 Posts

My father had a 24' Pantera, built new, which he had for about nine years, and that was my mother's favorite boat that my father owned, and I love Pantera boats, but I would want to ride in 24' Progression over a 24' Pantera. Kevin at Progression really builds a nice boat, that works well. And if I wanted to run above 85 mph I would lean to the Progression over the Pantera. Both are great boats, either way you cannot go wrong.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Registered

Idk that much about progressions, basically narrowed my choice to a super or Pantera because they both have good reputations, big following, and are easy to find used. My reasoning for favoring Pantera is that they are bulletproof and are easier to find in ' stand ups '. I'm thinking my rigging will get one of those porkers to at least high 70's low 80's and I'd be cool with that!! Anyone that knows of any of these 24x7''s minus I/O drive line for around 10 k keep me in mind!!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:53 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Idk that much about progressions, basically narrowed my choice to a super or Pantera because they both have good reputations, big following, and are easy to find used. My reasoning for favoring Pantera is that they are bulletproof and are easier to find in ' stand ups '. I'm thinking my rigging will get one of those porkers to at least high 70's low 80's and I'd be cool with that!! Anyone that knows of any of these 24x7''s minus I/O drive line for around 10 k keep me in mind!!
I'd jump on the classic 24 in Maine Craigslist; looks pretty clean asking 8100.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:32 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Stormrider
I'd jump on the classic 24 in Maine Craigslist; looks pretty clean asking 8100.
Good look... that thing looks clean for a '79. I'm hoping to get a better bang for my buck and get a boat needing re power.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:21 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Sure... fantastixvoyage has one for sale.
You wont find a 24 pantera that's in decent shape w/o power and drive for under $6000.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Sure... fantastixvoyage has one for sale.
You wont find a 24 pantera that's in decent shape w/o power and drive for under $6000.
I know, I was already looking and considering that 24. But... by the time i painted her and messed with the interior I'd have been over budget. I'm prepared to spend 10. There was a restored 24 on the classifieds section that I'm bummed I didn't move on for 13.coulda swapped out power and drive and been mint. Something will pop up. I'm in no rush
Old 06-15-2011, 12:11 PM
Registered

I'm curious as to how my 24 outlaw stacks up to the likes of these hulls. I know it's a production boat vs a custom boat, but i've never ridden in a custom hull and don't know what the differences are. The reason for my question is that i'm planning on re-powering it and am not sure if it's worth it to stick with the baja. I would need larger tabs and external steering.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Crossett
I'm curious as to how my 24 outlaw stacks up to the likes of these hulls.
I know the 24 Super will have 10 MPH on you with the same power. Most of them will already be rigged w/ k-planes and at least an add-on steering system.

The cabin on the Super is a little more usable than the 24 OL too. It's not huge, but you don't have to crawl under the dash either.

Quick Reply: 24' Pantera vs. 24' SuperBoat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.