Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Flying Cat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34605-flying-cat.html)

BODYSHOT1 10-11-2002 02:46 PM

Shane,

That description sounds about right...;)

mr_velocity 10-11-2002 02:51 PM

hey, even I know who that is....

Panther 10-11-2002 02:58 PM

?????

No Coment Shane

blown formula 10-11-2002 03:06 PM

....I was out on a 33 Eliminator two weekends ago..... the 1st time was in a 31(?) Eliminator w/500HP's 5 people+95 mph....
this trip on the 33 (under propped-waiting on new lab props) we ran 110 with 6 people and it felt real fine (except for the wind!!), until we started to turn slowly to the left (slowed the boat to 55-60 gps speedo) and you could feel the inside start to lift !! That is scary for a "V" guy..... I like 80-85 in my Formula/solid as a rock.... the CAT runs great....in a straight line!! Now don't tell me "it's safe and turns better than a v hull, as I have seem too many "rollovers" of cats in the race films. (even on OSO cuts). I'll keep my V's and keep everything - in the boat, thank you!!:D
I bet I get a lot of flack out of that remark!!:cool: That's ok, I can take it!!;)

mr_velocity 10-11-2002 03:15 PM

I've have seen a lot of V bottoms spin out too. A hooked up cat will out turn a V bottom any day.

GRH 10-11-2002 03:19 PM

Originally posted by Shane
Panther,

Let me guess, that reputable builder is from Long Island, and is short with white hair?

Why play games..... say the name.....

Shane 10-11-2002 03:29 PM

Originally posted by mr_velocity
I've have seen a lot of V bottoms spin out too. A hooked up cat will out turn a V bottom any day.
EXACTLY! Especially a STEPPED vee. If you know how to run a cat, it will all around out perform a vee. No offense intended. Remember I have a vee as well as a cat. Furthermore, the inside lifting as you referred to is a function of the manufacturer. If you notice in a race or ride in a Skater, if trimmed correctly and operated correctly through a turn it will actually lean in like a vee.

Shane 10-11-2002 03:30 PM

Originally posted by GRH

Why play games..... say the name.....

I will leave the opening of the envelope to you my man. Who better to reveal the identity than an owner of one of his boats?:eek: Did I say that?:o

Panther 10-11-2002 03:31 PM

Can't use the name

I can't use anyone's name without their consent. I am sure he would consent, but I can't just go rattleing off names. He is a good guy, and I am sure he wouldn't his name posted without knowing.

Gary, You're right. What was it John was saying about his first test run on the OL? He told me they were doing about 95 mph and he went to go make a turn and they grabbed his arm and said what are you doing?

He said something like, I can turn my Cat at over 100mph, why can't I turn this thing at 95?

blown formula 10-11-2002 04:02 PM

I knew this would start!! What fun!!!!!:D