OT: We need some help in the DC area... SNIPER

Notices

OT: We need some help in the DC area... SNIPER

Old 10-16-2002, 12:46 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ALSO let me reiterate my previous point

when they catch this ****er (sniper) they should hang him.
Old 10-16-2002, 01:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree Puder the Trial itself should last no more than ONE WEEK (make it easer on the Victims families) then right after Sunday prayer a very Public Hanging!!
Old 10-16-2002, 07:48 PM
Allan4

Spdwayz, can't agree more about the media, well said. But teh blame also lies on the "attention hungry" law enforcement who call press conferences every 45 seconds to discuss nothing but trivial bs that should be left soley to the investigators and investigation. Since when are press conferences called to discuss with the public thelatest minimal discovery and that the strategy will now be "this". It is about getting your face on TV for some of these jokers. Pure and simple politics are what these headline craving bastards are about, Period. It drives me NUTS!!!!!!! Why do we continually tell our enemies what our plans are. Why am I told over the radio the most recent location of FBI task forces and the US Marshall's sniper locale. THIS INFORMATION IS NOT NEEDED BY MYSLEF OR ANYONE MOT DIRECTLY INVOLVED IN CATCHING THIS (THESE) ANIMAL(S)!!!! Does our right to know supercede our right to exist?? It is truly sad when the advancement of careers, whether it be media, law enforcement or politician, derails the efforts to save lives. Keep inmind, by the way, we are talking about 9 victims. As aweful as it is, 9 people are killed in car wrecks in most major cities each day. Does CNN cover this, no. Why? becasue if it bleeds it reads. Most of these clowns are about headlines. It is an outrage, and it is gettng worse. The only nation that will ever defeat the USA is the USA....... For the record, those responsible for these shootings must burn in hell..........shooting innocent people and freakin' KIDS......chicken **** coward........

Old 10-16-2002, 09:40 PM
Coddigtion

50 BMG = Praire Dog bliss at 1 mile

Seriously though, I have shot dog's with a 50 before, I have a M87 single shot. Anyone with hardware like this knows how to use it.

I could do much more damage at 500 yards with a 308 than what this guy is doing right now..... It is not the gun that kills the person, but the person that pulls the trigger.

-Linn

Old 10-16-2002, 10:30 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now they're saying this guy is using an AK-74????? I've never heard of one of those. The pic they showed looks like an Ak 47 but it is supposedly a .223. They might have gotten it wrong from the same witnesses that can't seem to tell a Ford from a Chevy and can't seem to follow this prick.
Old 10-17-2002, 06:18 PM
Tejas Raz

This weapon, developed for motorized infantry, became operational in 1974. Unlike the AKM, the AK-74 assault rifle has the following features. The foresight bracket has two protruding cylindrical sleeves. The front one is threaded for the attachment of the recoil compensator, while the rear one has a lug with hole for the cleaning rod. The elongated recoil compensator comprises two chambers. The first chamber is a cylinder with a hole for bullet passage, three top holes for escape of the powder gases and two slits on the left and rught of the diaphragm. The second chamber has wide openings on the right and left and a diaphragm at the front with holes for bullet exit. The diaphragm edges are beveled to ensure the directed gas escape. Ther rear end of gas tube handguard assembly mounts an oval spring washer to eliminate any rocking of the tube. The bolt carrier has a lightening groove on the left side and rectangular protrusion at the rear end bottom to exclude interaction of the bolt with cartriges in the magazine during the recoil of the moving parts. The bolt is of lesser dimensions and does not have a circular resess on the bolt head cup, while the extractor is a grove. The butt plate is made of rubber with transverse grooves to impropve the steady hold of the weapon against the shoulder.

Characteristics Caliber, mm 5.45
Cartridge 5.45x39
Sighting radius, mm 379
Length, with bayonet fixed, mm 940
Barrel Length, mm 415
Magazine capacity, rds 30
Sighting range, m 1000
Weight w/empty magazine, g 3300
Weight w/loaded magazine, g 3600
Muzzle velocity, m/s 900
| |
Attached Thumbnails OT: We need some help in the DC area... SNIPER-ak-74.jpg  

Old 10-17-2002, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Positive ID of the Sniper, Go Get em Boys
Attached Thumbnails OT: We need some help in the DC area... SNIPER-sniper.jpg  
Old 10-17-2002, 06:41 PM
Tejas Raz

FoxNews AP Article

Snipers Cringe at Washington Killer's Spree

Tuesday, October 15, 2002

They look through a cylinder of glass and metal at a distant target, knowing they are about to snuff out a life. They don't brag about their kills over beer, nor do they overly brood about them. They take life only to save other lives.

To them, the word "sniper" is a badge of honor and a hallmark of skill. And to them, whoever has been terrorizing the Washington area for the last two weeks is not worthy of the name.

"I definitely know they're not snipers, because snipers don't take innocent life," said Neil Morris, who spent nearly two decades as a Marine sniper and has trained countless military and police sharpshooters from around the world. "It's the most sane, hardworking, dedicated group of people you'd ever meet in your life. And without us, there'd be a whole lot more harm in this world than there already is."

Police are looking for any leads that might point to the person or people responsible for a string of 10 shootings, eight of them fatal, in Maryland, Washington and northern Virginia since Oct. 2. Authorities were investigating whether the fatal shooting of a woman in Fairfax, Va., on Monday night was related to the sniping spree.

The FBI has reportedly asked the Defense Department to search their records from the sniper school at Fort Bragg, N.C., for rejected applicants or former students with psychological problems.

Eric Haney, who trained as a sniper at Fort Bragg and was a founding member of the Army's ultrasecret Delta Force, believes the shootings are the work of a pair of young men, working in tandem as military snipers are trained to do -- one as the lookout, the other the shooter. But he thinks the closest they got to a real elite sharpshooter was at a Special Operations convention.

"They're utter losers, and they know they're losers," said Haney, who wrote a book, "Inside Delta Force."

Over the weekend, Haney visited nine of the 10 shooting scenes. He imagines a shooter and a spotter/driver, perhaps swapping roles after each shot. In his mind, the driver surveys the scene, tells the shooter when it is safe to fire, then pulls away calmly, unburdened by the rush of adrenaline the shooter must be experiencing.

They're clever, he said, but not pros. The longest shot to date was 100 yards, and most of the victims were standing still or walking in a straight line toward or away from the shooter.

"It's the kind of thing that if you've never shot a rifle before in your life, you and I could spend 90 minutes together and you can do this," said Haney, a 20-year combat veteran.

Morris said the fact that the killer left behind a shell casing and a fortune-telling card is a clear sign that this is no professional.

"Anything the sniper does or fails to do that give his position away to the threat, snipers don't do that," said Morris, former head of the Marine Corps sniper school at Quantico, Va. "They don't leave brass laying around, and they damn sure don't leave tarot cards."

Chuck Mawhinney agrees.

During nearly two years as a Marine sniper in Vietnam, Mawhinney had 103 confirmed kills and another 216 probables. No other Marine sniper in Vietnam had more confirmed kills of Viet Cong and North Vietnamese army regulars.

The Washington killer has been using a .223 caliber projectile, which some have called a standard sniper bullet. But Mawhinney, who lives in Baker City, Ore., said a professional sniper would use a heavier load, at least a .30 caliber.

There are certain guns and scopes that manufacturers will sell only to credentialed military or law enforcement shooters, Morris said.

Haney can't imagine what the Washington killer must be feeling, because he can't imagine doing what the killer is doing. In his book, Haney described feeling "soiled and guilty" after making a 350-yard head shot during a 1983 mission to support Marines in Beirut.

"For these bastards ... it is a game," he said. "There's something so rotten in their psyche and the foundation in their humanity which is so lacking that it's a fun game."

Old 10-17-2002, 06:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They are also down in Cuba Questioning al-Qaeda Wonder what gives??
Old 10-17-2002, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ALL you guys make sense regarding the media, the sensationalism of the media, too much info that shouldn't be public knowledge, keystone like police, leaks, etc...Now I don't want to step out of line...but I do like to know whats going on but I have a tendency to watch those live reporters talking at you through the TV & holding my breath & waiting for the guys head to sprout a bullet hole right there on national TV...While the anchor guy standing right next to him saying..."THIS JUST IN...Another fatal shooting etc...." I hope this guy is caught SOON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Quick Reply: OT: We need some help in the DC area... SNIPER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.