Notices

Key west races

Old 09-13-2017, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I'm sure Matt/Jason will report on the status of both Key West and Clearwater after allowing a bit more time for the full impacts of the storm to be evaluated. I've got flights/rooms booked for both events so I too am waiting patiently for word on the upcoming races. However, I am far more concerned for the well being of those affected by the storm.

Clearwater will be a go for sure. We did ok over here and actually they have really started to market it this week. Plan clearwater to be ok and as usual
Old 09-13-2017, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Clearwater will be a go for sure. We did ok over here and actually they have really started to market it this week. Plan clearwater to be ok and as usual
Awesome! Will be at Opal Sands. Not sure if our room will have a view of the course but that's not a huge concern.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Awesome! Will be at Opal Sands. Not sure if our room will have a view of the course but that's not a huge concern.
You will see turn 1 and 2 as well as they come out to the race right in front of opal sands just feet away.

By far the best hotel on the beach with unblocked waterfront view of the sunset at their tiki bar, you will love it!
Old 09-13-2017, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
You will see turn 1 and 2 as well as they come out to the race right in front of opal sands just feet away.

By far the best hotel on the beach with unblocked waterfront view of the sunset at their tiki bar, you will love it!
Thanks. Spent last Thanksgiving there. Agree on the tiki bar view!
Attached Thumbnails Key west races-opal-sunset.jpg  
Old 09-13-2017, 05:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

I have enjoyed going to KW for a combination of Races and Poker Run for the past decade., and personally booked all my lodging and travel last winter....

Another thought..

Looking at the current disaster as it exists, ( lack of fuel, food , water, housing, electric, food, workers, and ect) it is going to be a long stretch to think that it is even humanly possible to host such an event in 7 week.

There are many people, (that lived in the Keys), that have lost everything in there lives. They need substantial amount of time, and support to rebuild there lives before anyone can expect them to care about a group of powerboaters, coming to there community for events

The infrastructure , community medical support, hospital staff, and general services need to be established to support the locals before any island guests.

Maybe the "true champions" in boating, will be the ones that make the donations and sacrifices to help the families in need to rebuild there lives.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will be a while before there is some semblance of order there it's absolutely devastating from the pictures that I've seen, there is so much work to be done and rebuilding of property and their way of lives
Old 09-14-2017, 03:40 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe the "true champions" in boating, will be the ones that make the donations and sacrifices to help the families in need to rebuild there lives.
please donate asap https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...e-florida-keys
Old 09-14-2017, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
Why not set up a gofundme account were us way up north can give donations to further your efforts
Old 09-14-2017, 03:48 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are ton of go fund me accounts, I have people shipping stuff to our shop via Amazon and I will be truckin it down. 7555 garden rd Riviera Beach fl 33404
Old 09-14-2017, 05:53 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
There are ton of go fund me accounts, I have people shipping stuff to our shop via Amazon and I will be truckin it down. 7555 garden rd Riviera Beach fl 33404
When are you trucking down south, what do you think they need most, and do you have a loading dock?

A girl I went to HS with moved to the keys a few years ago but evacuated back here before the storm. She's heading back this weekend and has been asking for donations to take back. Water was one of them.......I bought a whole pallet they are loading on a trailer someone lent them for the trip.

BTW: I've never been to KW and this summer was thinking this might be the year I finally make it down there (maybe not now )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.