Notices

Ot: Ford Sucks!!!!

Old 10-24-2002, 03:31 PM
Uncle Toys

Hey Audio, great news for you. My brother is VP of Customer Service at Ford. Give me a call and I will hook you up.

No, wait a minute - you said I was "DICKLESS." Never mind

Old 10-24-2002, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

GET FORD INVOLVED DIRECTLY ! TRUST ME ,IT WORKS !
Then have ford find another dealer that can do it right and get a NEW trans ! All automatics from everyone have there problems . Yours is crazy though ! Thats just a **** dealer plane and simple ! I would (and have) walked in screaming ! You would be surprised how that works when you are right and have something to back it up as you do ! They will do anything to shut you up when the show room is full of potential buyers !

Get FORD ,
Get a dealer that can do it right ,
Get a new trans !

Good luck !
Old 10-24-2002, 03:45 PM
Intolerant1

I went through similar w/a 1997 F150 bought new. I would just stop running. I called the dealer and told them I would be filing a lemon law suit and they jumped at the chance to give me a new truck. I got an even trade for a new truck that had more options. Sad part was, they told me the old truck was going back to Ford but I saw it the used car lot a few days later.

Old 10-24-2002, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like Uncletoys got you covered!
Old 10-24-2002, 04:37 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jon, how many miles on this truck???? The transmission really DOES need to be replaced with a new unit. They are trying to repair your unit, but are probably "building" the flaw back into it. The 4R100 has a huge case and in some cases will "warp" at the valve body area. The center support, when tightened down will pull the case, and in turn cause excessive clearance in the valve body area. When a new valve body was installed they more than likely replaced the valve body gaskets with thicker gaskets and this kept you on the road for a short period. Unfortunately the only recourse now is to replace this unit. A factory unit from FORD will give you good service and get you back on the road. I would strongly urge the dealer to initiate procedures that will satisfy your dilema, as I am sure they are aware of this flaw. Good luck.
Old 10-24-2002, 05:39 PM
Banned

Contact Ford and go to a different dealer. I lemon lawed a brand new Chevy 3500 diesel in 96. Since then I have owned two Fords without any problems at all. The current one has 97,000 mile on it. The only thing I've done is change the oil, a few air cleaners, and one battery. I normally would have traded in last year, but I've had such good luck with this one, I'm afraid to change. I think all the auto makers turn out an occasional lemon. I read the riot act to the service manager at the Chevy dealer, then called Chevy. They sent an engineer out to check on it, they still couldn't figure it out, so we came to a lemon law agreement. Be aware, you don't automatically get back every penny you paid for it. At least here in Florida.
Old 10-24-2002, 05:57 PM
Registered

Audio,
My wife is a customer relations manager at her family's Ford dealership. I've heard many stories like yours. They can warranty your tranny, but there is a dollar amount the dealer can authorize before the Local Ford Engineer personally inspects and approves each case.
If you email me your contact information, I'll have her call you and tell you all of your options with Ford. You can also call me and I'll give you her number. My # is 617-504-2652.

The only thing is that she'll demand your next post will have to have the title "I LOVE FORD, GM SUCKS!"
Old 10-24-2002, 06:08 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

What kind of truck is this? What engine and trans?
Old 10-24-2002, 07:44 PM
Uncle Toys

Nagh Catman, just got to take the opportunity to bust Audio's rocks it becomes available

Old 10-24-2002, 08:20 PM
Sunsation 32

Sounds like your dealer is making your transmission problems worse instead of fixing them. I would demand they fix it and warranty it for another 36k miles. My 99 had a new valve body put in it and they flashed the computer and I added a Gale Banks trans command. 48k miles and no problems.

Quick Reply: Ot: Ford Sucks!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.